• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pedigree Magazine Thread
5 5

89 posts in this topic

Question please.  I am new to CGC and couldn't find anywhere regarding pedigree magazines.

About 5 years ago I purchased "Creepy" issues 1-4 from Heritage Auctions.  They had them listed as White Mountain pedigrees but didn't include any type of tangible authentication.  I trust that they are what they say they are since I have had good experiences with Heritage.  I still have the original invoice that states they are White Mountain pedigree but that's it.  Am I able to submit these to CGC for pedigree certification with that invoice as proof?

Thank you in advance !!

On 2/13/2021 at 7:09 AM, Key Largo Comics said:

I have a couple Don Rosas. Not really sure how it affects their value.

vampi53cgc9.4new.jpg

vampi60cgc9.4new.jpg

Great covers.  Thank you for sharing!   Last summer I completed my run of Vampirella ans will never get sick of viewing the mostly awesome covers.

18 minutes ago, mcribar said:

Question please.  I am new to CGC and couldn't find anywhere regarding pedigree magazines.

About 5 years ago I purchased "Creepy" issues 1-4 from Heritage Auctions.  They had them listed as White Mountain pedigrees but didn't include any type of tangible authentication.  I trust that they are what they say they are since I have had good experiences with Heritage.  I still have the original invoice that states they are White Mountain pedigree but that's it.  Am I able to submit these to CGC for pedigree certification with that invoice as proof?

Thank you in advance !!

That's a good question, I'm definitely thinking of submitting a few of my pedigree mags and wonder what's required... all I've got to go on with the John C. books is the original MCS listings; and the Gaines File Copy is only slightly better with a bag label from Metro with GFC on it.

I bought a pedigree comic once from World Wide Comics and CGC gave it a Black pedigree label even though I did not submit any authentication.

46 minutes ago, mcribar said:

Thank you in advance !!

33 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I bought a pedigree comic once from World Wide Comics and CGC gave it a Black pedigree label even though I did not submit any authentication.

What Ped was it? And don’t you have to pay extra for the black label?

It was a Savannah pedigree Saga of the Swamp Thing #16.  I just checked the Pedigree box on the form and sent it in as usual.  I thought worst case scenario would be they'd just say "no" and give it a Blue label instead.  I can't remember if they charged me extra because it was a couple of years ago.  Since then I've come to realize that collectors don't care for Savannah's because of their typical page quality.  I ended up selling it awhile back because it got a 9.6 grade with Off white to white pages.

12 minutes ago, Jayman said:

What Ped was it? And don’t you have to pay extra for the black label?

1 hour ago, mcribar said:

Thank you in advance !!

The date stamp or hand written date on the first page should be enough to ID them.

I would send in a copy of the invoice as well.

On 1/16/2021 at 8:44 PM, N e r V said:

It’s my favorite White Mountain mag so far.I love the White Mountain collection. This one is still my favorite comic from the collection I have. :cloud9:

47D9B377-A10E-4A1B-AF08-3A4E7A25A383.jpeg.dccb2dac5a5c0f201db46a649949f43d.jpeg

That is one cool cover...

1 hour ago, mcribar said:

Thank you in advance !!

I'm sure that the magazine graders at CGC would be interested in seeing those books...  

1 hour ago, The Lions Den said:

I'm sure that the magazine graders at CGC would be interested in seeing those books...  

Thank you for your input everyone.  I almost sent them in with my first certification order (just 6 comics) but I was hesitant about whether or not they would pedigree them.  I'll send them in with the invoice from Heritage showing White Mountain pedigree.  :)  Sadly looks like I'm going to have to wait 2-3 months before my first 6 books are certified.

1 hour ago, The Lions Den said:

Well, then this one's for Nerv...

SAM_3711.JPG

SAM_3712.JPG

SAM_3713.JPG

That’s nice. I ignored a 9.6 with white pages for to long and missed out. I upgraded from a 8.0 to a raw 9.2 (at least) late last year. White Mountains though are usually super nice. That cover is a top 5 or 10 Vampi for me and considering how many great Vampi covers there are that’s saying something...

Edited by N e r V

3 minutes ago, mcribar said:

Thank you for your input everyone.  I almost sent them in with my first certification order (just 6 comics) but I was hesitant about whether or not they would pedigree them.  I'll send them in with the invoice from Heritage showing White Mountain pedigree.  :)  Sadly looks like I'm going to have to wait 2-3 months before my first 6 books are certified.

Yes, they are pretty backed up right now...  

4 minutes ago, N e r V said:

That’s nice. I ignored a 9.6 with white pages for to long and missed out. I upgraded from a 8.0 to a raw 9.2 (at least) late last year. White Mountains though are usually super nice.

Yeah, wish I could remember where I got it from...  hm