• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic Copper Age Covers That Haven't Hit _________ Status, But Deserve Some More Recognition (And Are Not Keys or Semis For Reasons Other Than Their Cover)
3 3

168 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Von Cichlid said:

I'll help you.  The GR / Cable one is ok, but the Wolverine one is a great homage to the more famous Art Adams poster.  The curly cues are insane on that one too.  Keith liked curly cues like Liefeld liked pouches.

mcp92.jpg

This Wolverine was one that came to mind. I didn't realize that it was an homage. I like this homage more I think:

image.png.9568d587ef1949502a070619fbb1c943.png

5 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

This Wolverine was one that came to mind. I didn't realize that it was an homage. I like this homage more I think:

image.png.9568d587ef1949502a070619fbb1c943.png

I forgot about that one.  I don't know if the other one really was (as he didn't put Adams under his Keith), but it just reminded of that poster.

BTW, it is weird seeing Austin's inks over Keith's pencils.  Austin made every artist he inked over look as clean and efficient as they could be.

2 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Although looking at recent eBay results, I guess they're not dollar bin books. Just never see them mentioned

yeah, they have some interest in them. not many listed in high grade.

9 hours ago, the blob said:

yeah, they have some interest in them. not many listed in high grade.

Well, most of the run of Marvel Fanfare have probably seen the dollar bin at some point, so I'm not surprised if there are very few high-grade copies of these available. These are also 4 of the last 5 issues, so I imagine that the print run was pretty low (for the era) on these. Low enough for the title to be cancelled.

39 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Well, most of the run of Marvel Fanfare have probably seen the dollar bin at some point, so I'm not surprised if there are very few high-grade copies of these available. These are also 4 of the last 5 issues, so I imagine that the print run was pretty low (for the era) on these. Low enough for the title to be cancelled.

I guess, but most of my copies are pretty sharp. they have the better paper stock.