• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Inspection Issues
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Usually it is between the inner capsule and the outer shell, so not "dangerous".  It can be hard to tell. 

Sometimes you can tell by shining a bright light on it.  If there is a shadow of it on the comic, and the shadow can be moved by moving the light, there is a space between the particle and the comic.  If no shadow, it is sitting on the comic.:frustrated:

Annoying for sure, at best.  Sometimes it works itself, or can be worked, toward an edge or bottom where it is less offensive.

You have 14 days to examine your order, and can contact customer service for help.  In this situation, they usually can offer to re-holder.  They will typically cover shipping both ways, no charges to you. 

My experience on this is that I get about 1 per 50 with the "floating shrapnel" problem.  Which is better than the "arriving with corners bent" problem, which is about 3 per 50.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Jason Lasiter said:

How is this not caught before sending out?! 5 months I waited for these books! A piece of the case just floating in the front side of the book.  Moving around to, could possibly damage the book? 

74C0CF8F-EA18-4770-97DA-B5D999991B82.jpeg

I'm terribly sorry this happened! You can contact our customer service team at submissions@cgccomics.com, send them this info, and they will get your set up for a free reholder (we will cover all the shipping as well). Again, so sorry it arrived that way.

On 1/14/2021 at 1:38 PM, oldrover said:

You people overreact sometimes. I bought a comic off eBay once... had a teensy bit of a crack...

image.jpeg.f5c8b4525eb72e3f3d35d3b68684ca1a.jpeg

...hardly noticeable! 

:whatthe:

was the inner well able to protect the book from any damage?

On 1/24/2021 at 11:46 PM, Doctor Dositheus said:

At least the spine of cover wasn't "sompletely spit" (from next week's HA auction):
cgcmisspell2.thumb.JPG.ee8e35a5d81a789c390f9e6f89f917a5.JPG

:roflmao:

Wait, it makes perfect sense. Sompletely = some + completely. New grading term for when something is 98% there? As in “that cover hanging on by a thread is sompletely detached”.