• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which is the best Auction websites to sell CGC graded comic books that will pay retail prices or higher?
2 2

10 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Defunct Junk said:

I have a collection of mostly silver age comics books that have been graded by CGC. I want to sell each one for guide price or higher. (Not for wholesale prices).

Which of the online Auction websites should i use to realize my goal?

Not sure what you mean by wholesale price. Collectors of CGC graded books frequent all the main auction sites. ComicLink, Pedigreecomics, comicconnect, Heritage, eBay, etc. It's not like a car dealer going to a car auction where only those with dealer licenses can buy. 

The answer is....it depends.  If you're selling superkeys vs high grade commons vs minor keys vs a combination of all of the above it could change the answer.  If you have some superkeys you might be able to negotiate terms.  Some companies pay faster, some companies net higher returns for some categories than others, but even they have different payment structures for fees.

The main auction houses are heritage, mycomicshop, comiclink, comicconnect, and pedigree (a lot of people think poorly of the owner of that website).  GO to each of the websites and compare your books against sold prices for books similar to the ones you have and see how it goes.  Then check out the terms, and see which one works for you.

Make sure to check out the fees. 

My unscientific opinion is, Comiclink and Comicconnect do a pretty good job with SA and have lower fees than Heritage.  

Heritage does a really good job with marketing and if you have big books (AF15, FF1, X1), they will realize higher prices and you may be able to negotiate lower fees. 

For SA, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. 

Ebay will also realize fair market value, though fees will be higher and non-negoitiable

1 hour ago, Glassman10 said:

I have a differing view. 'That ain't gonna happen". 

Why would anyone pay more than the current market value of comics every time?  It just doesn't sound like a business model that will last over the decades. 

Thats what happens in  a rising market. 

On 1/13/2021 at 1:51 PM, Defunct Junk said:

I have a collection of mostly silver age comics books that have been graded by CGC. I want to sell each one for guide price or higher. (Not for wholesale prices).

Which of the online Auction websites should i use to realize my goal?

none, selling in an auction can never guarantee you guide price.

The best place to sell a comic with a price in mind is Mycomicshop.com. I use it. You just send them your comics, and they will provide the description/listing with a picture they took of your comic, and you can then set the price as you wish, which in your case is guide price.

Also, for the bigger auction houses, like heritage, while your comic might sell for higher than guide price, you may end up with less money since they take money from you both ways. They take a percentage of your winning to list it AND they remove a portion of the winnings as a comission to them. There have been results in people not making any money from their auctions there.

Edited by William-James88