• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Grade this Iron Fist #14

32 posts in this topic

hmm i bought 100 bags and 100 boards. I now have zero bags and 7 boards. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifmm i think i got pressed out of 7 bags frown.gif

27_laughing.gif that always happens. I used to have to make hundreds of bag & boards (sometimes thousands in a week) and I would always come out with extra boards. Someone isn't counting right somewhere.

anyone got a bottom half of an iron fist 14 they could send me so i can press the two pieces together? Must be 9.6 or better

Your book is probably better then 99% of the #14 out there.

Here's the CGC census. IronFist4Census.jpg

i'm confused - must be "new math"............

you think the book is a 9.0 and state that it's better than 99% of the books out there. BUT, there are over 400 copies graded higher than a 9.0 confused.gif

oh, i get it - "tongue in cheek"???

at first the book looked tremendous except for that tiny URC crease. then i noticed the LLC stain/whatever. but ultimately it's the impact creases on the LLFC that will kill the grade. Tracey Heft could make those go away for $20 and raise the grade to 9.0-9.2 maybe.................just an observation............... devil.gif

King,

Would you recommend that i slab the Avengers 100 i have posted elsewhere on the grading thread?

Hmmmm, that's a toughie. I'd probably think, "no". There are (3) 9.8's, (15) 9.6's, (27) 9.4's, (38) 9.2's and (25) 9.0's. I would've said "yeah" if there were more books under 9.0 that were graded. But when it comes down to it the 9.0-9.8 grade range is in the greatest quantity. I guess it would also depend on who you want to sell it to. It REALLY does make a difference. If you try and sell it here you won't get anything. If you own a store or know of a store that will do a consignment deal with you then that would be your best best. A lot of customers know of CGC'd books as more of a prized possesion than the collectors you find here would. It would seem mre "rare" in the eyes of a casual collector than it would in the eyes of almost everyone here. So it depends what you plan on doing with the book.

Personally, I'd keep it unslabbed just because it costs so much to grade. Get a ultra-thick toploader for it. thumbsup2.gif

anyone got a bottom half of an iron fist 14 they could send me so i can press the two pieces together? Must be 9.6 or better

you think the book is a 9.0 and state that it's better than 99% of the books out there. BUT, there are over 400 copies graded higher than a 9.0 confused.gif

at first the book looked tremendous except for that tiny URC crease. then i noticed the LLC stain/whatever. but ultimately it's the impact creases on the LLFC that will kill the grade. Tracey Heft could make those go away for $20 and raise the grade to 9.0-9.2 maybe.................just an observation............... devil.gif

Not new math. Your assuming that every #14 in existance has been submitted to CGC. I doubt this is true. Many if not most have never been nor never will be submitted for grading. sumo.gif

Not new math. Your assuming that every #14 in existance has been submitted to CGC. I doubt this is true. Many if not most have never been nor never will be submitted for grading. sumo.gif

I get what both of you are saying. But Blackhawk, I think he was talking about graded copies. I mean graded and raw may as well be two seperate catagories when refering to a book like this. They are two different monsters. I don't they can be accurately compared to raw copies.