• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic sales ads that make you laugh/cry
2 2

69 posts in this topic

Screenshot_20201206-175941_Chrome.jpg.7b

It’s the spherical ship on the cover, similar to the Death Star, being attacked by a group of small fighters, clearly Resistance. An easy mistake.

The Enterprise is leaving in confusion, Kirk and the crew believing they’re in the wrong comic.

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

Screenshot_20201206-175941_Chrome.jpg.7b

It’s the spherical ship on the cover, similar to the Death Star, being attacked by a group of small fighters, clearly Resistance. An easy mistake.

The Enterprise is leaving in confusion, Kirk and the crew believing they’re in the wrong comic.

5B432A26-4E37-46C3-A267-F1AFA119FD55.jpeg

1 hour ago, oldrover said:

Not sure this is on topic... but this is the only ad I ever responded to in a comic book:

image.jpeg.5b7a411ffbfd3c6263d71580efbbb1e7.jpeg

I purchased Sea-Monkeys or brine shrimp in 1972. I'm still waiting for the right moment to add water.

37 minutes ago, Inhuman Fiend said:

Wow hahaha he must have priced the BP at $100 per spine tick 

I loved the Sea Monkey ads when I was a kid.

Just for kicks I did some googling to find out more about the guy who sold Sea Monkeys.  Now that's a crazy story.  There is no end to the creeps and weirdos in comic history.  I usually like them for being different but this guy... no.

On 1/17/2021 at 4:07 PM, Inhuman Fiend said:

In the additional product features under his ad it says CGC 9.6...doh!