• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For as long as you can reasonably remember, have you been getting 504 error messages, times outs, buffering and slow loading more or less every day?

For as long as you can reasonably remember, have you been getting 504 error messages, times outs, buffering and slow loading more or less every flipping day?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been beset by rotten board performance lately?

• Yes, yes I have
    • No, no I haven't. It must be a you thing
    • I'll have you know that my board performance is always rotten, thank you very much
  2. 2. Does it make you want to tear your hair out?

• Yes, yes it does
    • No, no it doesn't
    • What is this 'hair' of which you speak?
  3. 3. Do you feel yourself, on occasion, inclined to get all 'flouncy' about it?

• Yes, yes I do
    • No. I don't flounce
    • I'll have you know that I feel flouncy all the time, thank you very much
  4. 4. Is the side bar the work of Satan?

5. 5. Would you like someone to do something about all this?

• Yes please
    • No. I want to watch the world burn
    • How much is the flying pig?

19 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

....or is it just me?

504.thumb.PNG.cd4266597394d310e0490fe47d8c9499.PNG

I thought these were some new intentional Cloudflare ads.

Most hosted websites (like cgccomics.com) have multiple connections to the internet for redundancy and scalability. These 504 errors happen so often it's almost like one of those connection routes has a bad or outdated setting. There has to be oodles of event logs to direct the tech folk to address these issues at both the Cloudflare and CGC sites.

Great poll options btw :)

The floating pig that became a sign of protest - BBC Culture

-bc

3 minutes ago, bc said:

I thought these were some new intentional Cloudflare ads.

I seem to get a lot of them mid morning in the UK and wondered if they were doing upgrade stuff 'out of US hours' so to speak. Nice pig 🐖

1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I seem to get a lot of them mid morning in the UK and wondered if they were doing upgrade stuff 'out of US hours' so to speak. Nice pig 🐖

They hit me mainly in the later afternoon here in the Midwest US - which sounds like it jives with your experience. 

Would be nice if they put out some basic Maintenance Alerts to set expectations:

"During the process of upgrading the Board software, we expect intermittent connectivity issues from X:XXam/pm EST to ZZ:ZZam/pm EST on YYYday. We apologize for the inconvenience and will update you on our progress."

-bc

4 minutes ago, bc said:

Would be nice if they put out some basic Maintenance Alerts to set expectations:

"During the process of upgrading the Board software, we expect intermittent connectivity issues from X:XXam/pm EST to ZZ:ZZam/pm EST on YYYday. We apologize for the inconvenience and will update you on our progress."

-bc

I think that's where Percy comes in....

Only occasionally get a server / error message, and for a short period of time.

Page loading can be slow.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Thanks to everyone who voted. Just a bit of fun really, but I was starting to think it was just me. Usually when we have recurring performance issues you see grumbling here and there and I hadn't seen anyone else comment about it. Nice to know it's not just me. I'm probably just unlucky - if there are problems only once a day, the chap who logs in at that time every day will have a different experience to the chap who always misses it. It's quite zippy this morning though, happily. 

P.S. Death to the side bar!

4.thumb.PNG.e6c66eb9a5358854653f816442563366.PNG

:wink:

On 1/14/2021 at 2:43 PM, Comicshows said:

Today was pretty bad. The past few days everything was okay. 

I've only been able to get into the forum twice out of the past 7 days, iincluding getting in today. I get the same gateway error page usually. Other times, I get in, but clicking on any of the links to go to Comics General or Spare a Grade sections are pointless; the links won't activate, as well as the notification links not active. That much hasn't changed in about 10 days. Even if I'm lucky enough to get into the forum on an active page and a link works, the notification lnks don't and I haven't been able to see (click on) any of my notifications in about 10 days. 

11 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

I've only been able to get into the forum twice out of the past 7 days, iincluding getting in today. I get the same gateway error page usually. Other times, I get in, but clicking on any of the links to go to Comics General or Spare a Grade sections are pointless; the links won't activate, as well as the notification links not active. That much hasn't changed in about 10 days. Even if I'm lucky enough to get into the forum on an active page and a link works, the notification lnks don't and I haven't been able to see (click on) any of my notifications in about 10 days. 

That’s really bad.  I’ve had minimal disruption. :frown:

Just now, Ken Aldred said:

That’s really bad.  I’ve had minimal disruption. :frown:

Pretty much the same thing I experienced when GPAnalysis revamped. That straightened itself out. I'm sure CGC is working on whatever the issues are that are causing user disruptions. I have no doubt CGC will cast out the ghosts and gremlins from the machinery.