• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tim Vigil Batman Bootleg

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone has any info on this. Caught the video from Cartoonist Kayfabe on youtube (great bunch of guys, amazing content, highly recommended channel) and they did a segment on Tim Vigil's Batman Bootleg edition.

My mouth is dropped. I am looking high and low for a copy of this thing! If anyone has any detail on this, I would be over the moon.

Thanks guys.

Cheers,

Doug

4 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Extreme Vigil art on 'Batman'. Collectors also trying to buy bootlegs of Byrne's 'X-men Elsewhen' pencilled comic issues.

Byrne does have it accessible on his site too, to read. Have you had a chance to read it?

2 hours ago, Bill C said:

Tim seems fairly accessible on facebook, you could always ask him about it.

BTW, there is a nice (PG rated) batman and catwoman by Vigil I think at HA now.

Was that the one where Batman was a vampire?

I just have PDF files composed from Byrnes site and sent the files to lulu.com

the whole else when story is on there. I had to get a login though to access the older files, the newer ones can be seen on the site but you can’t see the older ones without doing a search

Edited by D2

6 minutes ago, D2 said:

I just have PDF files composed from Byrnes site

the whole else when story is on there. I had to get a login though to access the older files, the newer ones can be seen on the site but you can’t see the older ones without doing a search

I did not need to set up a login password for Byrne Robotics Fanfic forum. I changed the view parameter to 'all' instead of the default 'last 12 months' of Fanfic. Read most of the 'Elsewhen' storyline that weaves together Marvel Girl, the Shi'ar, Sebastion Shaw, Dark Phoenix, Kitty Pryde, FF, Avengers, Sentinels, the Savage Land plus a younger mutant. New detailed Byrne X-men pencils posted each week. Some pages show Neal Adams layout and Tom Palmer 'X-men' faces influence.

4 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

I did not need to set up a login password for Byrne Robotics Fanfic forum. I changed the view parameter to 'all' instead of the default 'last 12 months' of Fanfic. Read most of the 'Elsewhen' storyline that weaves together Marvel Girl, the Shi'ar, Sebastion Shaw, Dark Phoenix, Kitty Pryde, FF, Avengers, Sentinels, the Savage Land plus a younger mutant. New detailed Byrne X-men pencils posted each week. Some pages show Neal Adams layout and Tom Palmer 'X-men' faces influence.

Oh! Lol

i set up a login for nothing... lol 

On 1/24/2021 at 9:49 AM, AnkurJ said:

The website stopped accepting orders for printing them for obvious reasons. I had a cool printed for myself. They’re not supposed to be resold.

Which website? Lulu?

if someone can recommend others that would be great

Cartoonist KayFabe (Ed Piskor and Jim Rugg) went through a good amount of it via their own bound copy.  Looks awesome.  It's been a while since I've read Byrne's X-Men.  Seeing that art and listening to them talk about it really renewed my respect for Byrne.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUUrgvHqDdg

On 1/14/2021 at 10:50 PM, D2 said:

Hey guys,

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone has any info on this. Caught the video from Cartoonist Kayfabe on youtube (great bunch of guys, amazing content, highly recommended channel) and they did a segment on Tim Vigil's Batman Bootleg edition.

My mouth is dropped. I am looking high and low for a copy of this thing! If anyone has any detail on this, I would be over the moon.

Thanks guys.

Cheers,

Doug

Tim carries the original story art with him sometimes when he goes to conventions. I have got to peruse the original story quite a few times when he would come see me when I lived in Las Vegas and then Phoenix. I believe it is done on 9x12 Bristol. If you are going to a convention he will be attending go ahead and email him prior to bring it and maybe he just might.