• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much does this spine stress reduce grade assuming everything else is near perfect?
2 2

8 posts in this topic

Yes so just trying to get an idea , it looks to me like there are 3 to 4 1/8 inch or so minor color breaking areas of spine stress . 

Now assuming the rest of the book is near perfect what would be the grade for something like this or the grade hit in general for this level of stress? 

Thanks 

Batad1.jpg

4 hours ago, E5150 said:

Is there some damage below the staple too?

I dont know , I saw this book in a listing and was trying to figure out a value on it so I just posted this topic to try to learn something and get opinions .

5 hours ago, Lightning55 said:

I'm going to say it would be in the low 9's, like 9.2 +/-. 

I'm sure you will get a variety of estimates, some as low as 7.0 because "that's what they do".  You'll have to do a lot of filtering.

Yes some of the super low grade estimates make me laugh .

5 hours ago, Corallas said:

Its a common amount of damage that I see on books these little micros spine color breaks and wanted to have an idea how much they cost a grade in general .

As long as they're tiny and there are no other problems, a book could still score in the lower Near Mint range with stress lines like this. Keep in mind it also depends upon the length and severity of the stress lines...