• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Star Wars #1 1977
2 2

17 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance for your consideration. I'm thinking about submitting, and I'd love to hear people's opinions on the grade of this book. Please let me know if I should include any other pics. 

zFnwLHb.jpg

Qlt0vNm.jpg

repEKft.jpg

wYIJ54q.jpg

vYu8TkM.jpg

ZckiFU8.jpg

6FTCZRK.jpg

s8iIefb.jpg

512AGD8.jpg

DSIVtG6.jpg

M2WQVcn.jpg

16QVepH.jpg

YKThyvD.jpg

Edited by p-kay14
Added more pics

I have 2 x 9.4s, 2 x 9.2s and a 9.0 in my collection. When I sent them to get graded a few years ago I thought they were all around 8.5/9.0.

Edited by eddly

2 hours ago, eddly said:

I have 2 x 9.4s, 2 x 9.2s and a 9.0 in my collection. When I sent them to get graded a few years ago I thought they were all around 8.5/9.0.

First look was on my phone, looking at it again on my desktop, I'll go with 9.2, I didn't notice the bottom right corner previously, the bottom left corner looks worse too. The right side of the book is just production issues.

Thank you all. That is very helpful. I was thinking 9.0, myself. Glad to see I am in the ball park with other opinions. I actually bought it without seeing a good pic as a "solid 9.4" from a reputable dealer, so I was a bit bummed that it doesn't look quite that grade to me (and to others). Still, it's a nice book. I'm mulling whether to submit it or not. Anyway, thanks again!

I have to ask....what are these marks on the FC page edge circled in red (see pic).  The bag, light reflection, wrinkles?  It’s not part of the cover art...

A56A6CD2-4DF6-4149-8A97-20AD1AF8DE7A.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

I have to ask....what are these marks on the FC page edge circled in red (see pic).  The bag, light reflection, wrinkles?  It’s not part of the cover art...

It's light reflection. All pics show the comic out of the bag. That area of the right side cover curves in slightly toward the pages (production issue?) and my pics showed a lot of light reflection there. Here are a couple of pics with different lighting. I've added them to first post too.

M2WQVcn.jpg

16QVepH.jpg

YKThyvD.jpg

Edited by p-kay14
Added pic

3 minutes ago, p-kay14 said:

It's light reflection. All pics show the comic out of the bag. That area of the right side cover curves in slightly toward the pages (production issue?) and my pics showed a lot of light reflection there. Here are a couple of pics with different lighting. I've added them to first post too.

M2WQVcn.jpg

16QVepH.jpg

TOAAjWt.jpg

Ah, much better. (thumbsu  9.2