• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Herb Trimpe

38 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, davidpg said:

At the 2008 con here in Montreal when he was one of the guests, I got to have supper with him and his family at the staff supper along with a number of other guests including Art Suydam (and partied with him after...that's a story for another thread ;) ).  He was a great man, super nice, and his wife and daughters are amazing as well.  I took my then 3 year old son to the show the next day, and he got to meet all these people...kinda a cool story to say that he met the co-creator of Wolverine in person.

My overall favorite character is Captain Marvel, and Herb was nice enough to do an amazing sketch that still makes me smile every day as it's hung in my entrance.

trimpe.jpg

I love it and your story too meet him was a great moment he was a great man

5 minutes ago, davidpg said:

including Art Suydam (and partied with him after...that's a story for another thread ;) 

Suydam is a WILD MAN,  nuff said ! GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

8 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Suydam is a WILD MAN,  nuff said ! GOD BLESS....

I can absolutely confirm this is true!  And I was able to show him some things he had never seen before if you can imagine ;).  He's a fascinating guy, and we got along really well.  His music career is amazing! 

10 minutes ago, davidpg said:

I can absolutely confirm this is true!  And I was able to show him some things he had never seen before if you can imagine ;).  He's a fascinating guy, and we got along really well.  His music career is amazing! 

One of my first cgc was a art suydam met im 3 years later Nice guy to talk to

20210119_145138.jpg

20210119_145144.jpg

25 minutes ago, davidpg said:

Suydam the kind of fella where you might come to on an alter with him holding your beating heart in his one hand and your last margarita in the other ... and then make it ALL right again. GOD BLESS....

Edited by jimjum12

3 minutes ago, Namtak said:

One of my first cgc was a art suydam met im 3 years later Nice guy to talk to

20210119_145138.jpg

20210119_145144.jpg

He signed a bunch of books for me as well!  Including my Marvel Zombies HC..no pics handy though.

On 1/16/2021 at 2:02 PM, ff7gamer said:

I saw at the comiccon montréal Herb Trimpe and I take a look at is original art and this art page smile at me I ask him how much he 40 so I take it and he said at that time Idon't want see this on ebay, I said it's for my wall at home, and I still have this original on my wall

IMG_20210116_154256_resized_20210116_034542140.jpg

IMG_20210116_154306_resized_20210116_034610214.jpg

nice page, you did a wonderful reframe and thanks for the story!

comment: artists need to stop the "I dont want to see this on Ebay" comments. After it is sold it is no longer yours ... why does it matter what the next person does with it?

47 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lot of love for this thread :) 

GetImage.aspx?c=3297740&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=

This is the only life that I can breathe into it :shy: 

Currently have this a "SFG" to be signed and remaqued by Roy Thomas, whom I met personally early last year 2020 with @Crops068 Roy was good people fun and uplifting despite circumstances beginning lol and he signed my Avengers....#66

IMG_20200613_105947855.thumb.jpg.20974e1c55b513b6a54584ae45fafa4d.jpg lucky to have a Trimpe signed anything really :x but landed it somehow, and I figured since I bought this #182 already signed for the "token" or memory, I'd add to it my own of Roy :wishluck: looking forward to getting it back :) 

Ah!  I also had Herb sign my Hulk 182 and MSH 17 (the Black Knight issue...and his first published work!).

1 minute ago, davidpg said:

Ah!  I also had Herb sign my Hulk 182 and MSH 17 (the Black Knight issue...and his first published work!).

yes! that is so cool, I got in only in 2015-16 so my chance was limited. 1st major con Stan was there, but I was so new and nervous I just paid a facilitator rather than stand in line. On the other hand (and though I still didn't get to meet him :( ) I had sent off for Len Wein (another co-creator of Wolvie) to sign this, which he did, but he past before I got it back. If people only new what stories we had in each solitary book, sheesh, it's hard not to think of them as our children sometimes lol but priorities etc

GetImage.aspx?c=3204814&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=