• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this Sgt. Fury #1

13 posts in this topic

6.5 I think the chip out and the strong sun-shadows back cover lower it from the VF range.

Nice book! thumbsup2.gif

I think Aces is on to something. I was thinking about 7.5 until the back cover. If that is tannning and not a sun-shadow, then the grade is going to get blasted by CGC. Id go 6.5 as well.

Seeing as how CGC has never released their grading standards, we dont know for sure. But ancilliary evidence tells us that light dust shadows are not dealt with too severely, however, books with tanning are sodomized and thrown in the dumpster.

Thanks for the compliments guys - I've wanted this book since I was 12 - it was the first marvel key I really wanted, and was the only affordable one for quite a while. This is the first time I've owned one - I think its a keeper smile.gif. I have the "3 free express gradings" from my CGC membership that's been burning a hole in my pocket - so I'll probably send it off sometime this week. Thanks! - Keith

Pretty well divadrabnud. We had just moved to an apartment about an hour north of where my parent's house in Montomery and on top of a mountain (in Birmingham), so we were pretty well off. We are very grateful - some of my buddies got hit pretty hard. But most everybody is doing much better now. Thanks for the consideration - Keith