• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE HISTORY OF COMICS AND ILLUSTRATION VOLUMES SOLD

4 posts in this topic

As I continue to thin out my library I am able to offer two hard cover texts that will enhance the libraries of those scholars of Comic Art and Illustration. Both books are in excellent condition .

“Masters of American Comics”( 9.5” x 13” 315 pgs ) Published in 2005 by the Hammer Museum and the Museum of Contemporary Art in conjunction with an exhibition that toured the US this  scholarly volume offers a survey of most of the contributors to the comic genre and highlights important individual artists work .These featured artists in include Will Eisner,Jack Kirby, Winsor McCy, Chris Ware,Art Spiegelman,Gary Panter and others.Loaded with full cover illustrations and insightful observations this book and exhibition was responsible for bringing the wonderful comics medium to the general public as never before.

“The Illustrator in America” (9” x12” 446 pgs ) Written by Walt Reed and Published by the Society of Illustrators in NY, this huge book includes about every artist that contributed to the art of illustration from 1860-2000.Includes the works and biographys of over 650 artists and color illustrations from more contemporary artists like Richard Amsel,Chris Van Allsberg and Frank Frazetta to historically important artists such as Maxfield Parrish ,Frederic Remington, Milton Glaser and Nornman Rockwell all artists are listed chronologically by decade making this volume a encyclopedia of the history and the art of illustration.

First two pics from History of Illustration ,Last two from Masters of Comics

$30 + $8 Shipping (History of Illustration , cheapest used ,$42)
Paypal/CC, US Buyers Only
Important: Please message me if interested .”Take” buyers must complete payment in 48hrs.

IMG_2429.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2444.jpg

IMG_2446.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

Edited by rrichards