• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 238 - Back from CGC
3 3

22 posts in this topic

Correct me if I am wrong, but a wrap like this can be hard to fix with a press because of how everything was aligned incorrectly from the moment it was printed. Definitely something you would want someone with experience to do either way.

As for grade, 7.5-8.0 as is. Production flaws factor in and I see other small flaws that put it into this range anyways so that is where I would expect it to fall. If fixable, maybe 8.5 

6 hours ago, oldrover said:

4u9xv8.gif

;)

Maaaaybe...  a press will cure the spine roll... whadday say, @joeypost

If it can, it could be 8.5 or higher. If not, yikers... I'll say 7.0. And also, "Danger, Will Robinson!"  

Lol, no kidding. That miswrap is really throwing me off but I'm gonna give it an 8.0. Nice that you got the tatooz version.

19 hours ago, oldrover said:

4u9xv8.gif

;)

If it can, it could be 8.5 or higher. If not, yikers... I'll say 7.0. And also, "Danger, Will Robinson!"  

The spine roll can be fixed or greatly reduced. I’m in the vf + club. 

On 1/19/2021 at 7:28 AM, joeypost said:
On 1/18/2021 at 11:30 AM, oldrover said:

4u9xv8.gif

;)

Expand  

I don't see spine roll there. I see a book that was miscut and misaligned during production. 

6 hours ago, oldrover said:
9 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

I don't see spine roll there. I see a book that was miscut and misaligned during production. 

FYI...

On 1/19/2021 at 7:28 AM, joeypost said:

Maybe the meaning has changed over time. It seems like people use the term spine roll these days to encompass defects that don't match the definition of spine roll. Spine roll in the classic sense was caused by people reading comics and folding back the pages as they went. 

1007899431_spineroll.JPG.e5f4904149e27149d7129cb01556a4d6.JPG

This is spine roll.

451.jpg 452.jpg

You can see the fanning of the pages on the back of the comic. 

This is how you get spine roll. 1:04 in the video

Edited by Jeffro.