• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this grail a fake ?
1 1

25 posts in this topic

Be very careful if you send this to CGC for grading. I'd advise putting a warning sticker on the bag that includes the words "FRAGILE" and "HANDLE WITH CARE." 

As far as the grade goes, it would likely end up in the VG area as long as nothing happens to it... 

I've seen shadowing like this on slabs in the F/VF range. Pages will likely be cream, but this will be one of the better presenting VG's by a country mile when you see all the wear, and Marvel chipping on examples usually sold in that grade range. No one should be surprised if this fetches over VG, and well into "presents as VG/FN - FN-" value range.

Edited by comicwiz

3 minutes ago, comicwiz said:

I've seen shadowing like this on slabs in the F/VF range. Pages will likely be cream, but this will be one of the better presenting VG's by a country mile when you see all the wear, and Marvel chipping on examples usually sold in that grade range. No one should be surprised if this fetches over VG, and well into "presents as VG/FN - FN-" value range.

but it looks really brown as if it has been lying loose in a hot attic for the last 50 years

still a great comic

might look great in a cgc slab too

3 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

Be very careful if you send this to CGC for grading. I'd advise putting a warning sticker on the bag that includes the words "FRAGILE" and "HANDLE WITH CARE." 

As far as the grade goes, it would likely end up in the VG area as long as nothing happens to it... 

Sage advice.  If you send this to CGC send it EXPRESS / walk thru.  I would spend the money and also insert the bagged / boarded comic into a top-loader ($3) and like Lions Den stated put a nice clear note on the book HANDLE WITH CARE. Pack this baby like an egg too.  :preach:

5 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

but it looks really brown as if it has been lying loose in a hot attic for the last 50 years

still a great comic

might look great in a cgc slab too

Yes. Textbook example of hot (120 degrees+), desert dry nd often dusty, attic storage. The long time storage of which takes a tremendous toll on the very structure of the paper, unseen and beyond the ready visual cues.