• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay Switcheroo?

8 posts in this topic

I realize this isn't an expensive comic but being KIND of a noob to buying raw older comics, needed some advice.  Bought this on Ebay and obviously received a different comic than advertised.

The thing is, there are parts that are better looking than the ebay ad comic (1st comic), but then there is this horrible black streak across Mr Hulk here in the new one (What caused this? it's not the bleed through)...the staples and spine are better in the one i received, but the black streak, ugh.  I wanted the book because I've always liked the cover.

What would the more experienced do in this case? 

s-l1600.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

New.jpg

Edited by JFisk

That’s easy.  Unless the listing STATES that you will receive a different book from the one pictured, return it.  Even if the sellers listing claims “no returns“, you can still return it if it is not the one the seller promised you. Just open an eBay return indicating that it is not as described.

if the seller provides a reasonable explanation as to how they sent you a different book, and they are very apologetic, and if they send you the right look at their expense, you can leave it at that. 

If the seller does not have a plausible explanation for how they sent you the incorrect book, or they insist that it is the correct book, I would also leave negative feedback to warn others of the seller’s shady practices.

And here’s another possibility to consider. Google the seller’s eBay name and real name. If it is a seller who is known for  scams involving switching books, there is a good chance that a Google search will reveal that. It might even reveal a thread on these message boards about the seller.