• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please advise which is the worst comic in my collection
2 2

14 posts in this topic

Hi. These are the two comics in the worst condition in my collection. I'm mainly a copper age collector. Can you decide which is the worst? I've only included front cover shots.

The Daredevil which I bought as a Frank Miller run filler must have been owned by someone with an issue with the comics authority. 

Daredevil.thumb.jpg.68254e8895ac44002fcbf4224b217085.jpg

I used to play with the toys and read the comics as a kid so it's nice to see the resurgence of interest in GI Joe. There isn't a tear under the tape so I'm not sure why it's there. ???

GIJoe.thumb.jpg.fd6dc41b6d641aedc84359c0617032e4.jpg

41 minutes ago, SellinMyCollection said:

What SS275 said.  Learned my lessson on posting 2 comics in one post last week 😳

This is a request for grading, but OK. I thought it would be be interesting to grade and compare two comics in rough condition. Newb error I suppose

Can't really finetune without back covers... but for the sake of argument, assuming backs are more or less free of big defects,

DD #182 - 2.5/3.0

G.I. Joe #2 - 1.8/2.0

Yeah the Joe book is the worst of the two. I would keep as readers until ya upgrade (if upgrading is in the plans) or as you said, use them for what I call personal experiments. It's books like these I keep to practice cleaning, tap removal and, if my life permits, other experiments.