• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s your longest dry spell?
4 4

41 posts in this topic

I think I went close to 10 years without buying a slab. i bought some undergrounds from (i think, icefires) a couple of years ago and a GA book from (crassus?) and since then have bought the occasional slab now and then. it has mainly been a couple of impulse buys and stuff that i did a lowball bid on and won anyway.

Edited by the blob

My first slabs were books I submitted myself in early 2015, so they haven't been a big part of my collection for very long. Probably haven't purchased more than 20-25, so longest gaps have come between submissions, probably no more than a year or year and a half. I've got over 150 books waiting to be graded and am sending more on their way soon.

Not much for me the last five years after not doing a monthly subscription service.  I'm down to variants, promos, and/or trying to get higher grades than I have on some.  Sent about two dozen last year for grading.  First time in a while.  I'll need to post what I'm looking for on the want page.  In a way it's good.  Maybe not spending as much and saving up for something better but I do miss it.  No urges to start something different...yet

On 1/18/2021 at 11:24 AM, The Lions Den said:

I'm always buying and selling, looking and reading, grading and organizing. It seems like there's always something new and interesting to read. That's one of the great things about this hobby...it's always fun!  :)

Amen to that

My longest....

image.png.67949eab5c636c7e30c5122c4302d9c5.png

:sorry:

Longest spell was sometime after I finished my ASM run with a majority of raw books and a handful of slabs.  I only picked up ASM on a monthly basis to maintain the collection and actually started selling off everything non-ASM except for 1st appearances and Eternal Warrior.  I think that was sometime around 2001? 2002?

I think I made two non-ASM purchases between that time period and 2010 which was a Hulk 181 and an Avengers 4 currently a 9.0 and 6.0 respectively.  In 2010 I returned to actively collecting. 

I sold my entire collection in 2017 and haven't bought since. I got the itch to buy again this week but I looked the prices and no-ped the hell out. So 3 years going on 4.

Edited by rapid08