• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rebub/regrade for sub grades

12 posts in this topic

• Administrator

You would need to submit for regrade with sub grades. It will be the same price as submitting a raw card, but you are guaranteed the same overall grade.

Paul

1 hour ago, PaulS. said:

You would need to submit for regrade with sub grades. It will be the same price as submitting a raw card, but you are guaranteed the same overall grade.

Paul

thank you! gonna bite the bullet to make my collection look the same. 

On 1/18/2021 at 10:01 AM, PaulS. said:

Paul

Hi @PaulS., has this changed at all? 

I'm hearing different things from around the web. Am I still able to resubmit an already CGC graded card but request for subgrades and the overall grade will remain the same? Thanks kindly, 

• Administrator
On 5/7/2021 at 5:37 PM, PiplupParty said:

Hi @PaulS., has this changed at all? 

I'm hearing different things from around the web. Am I still able to resubmit an already CGC graded card but request for subgrades and the overall grade will remain the same? Thanks kindly, 

No change. Same policy.

Paul

@PaulS. If that is the policy, will CGC eventually offer the ability on the submission form to add subgrades to a card if it meets a certain grade? i.e. if the card grades at least a 9 or above, opt in for subgrades, if it does not grade a 9, no subs. If this is too much to manage at the individual card level, allowing Customers to apply it to an entire order would work as well. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, PokemanDude90 said:

@PaulS. If that is the policy, will CGC eventually offer the ability on the submission form to add subgrades to a card if it meets a certain grade? i.e. if the card grades at least a 9 or above, opt in for subgrades, if it does not grade a 9, no subs. If this is too much to manage at the individual card level, allowing Customers to apply it to an entire order would work as well. 

No, I do not foresee that happening, sorry. You either request sub grades or not, we cannot do it at the card or grade level. 

Paul

On 1/18/2021 at 8:01 AM, PaulS. said:

Paul

I think this policy needs immediate reconsideration. Nonsubgraded CGC slabs should be treated just like a PSA/BGS/etc crossover and graded as a brand new card. I don't see why or even how this card with binder ding should be grandfathered in to a 8.5 w/ subs just because a defect was unfortunately missed during initial grading. 

Customers pay a significant premium for subgrades, and they wait longer to receive their cards back, because of the confidence that their card was closely examined through CGC's expert and impartial authentication. Would this card receive an overall 8.5 if subgrades were initially purchased? I think that answer is exactly why this policy needs immediate reconsideration. 

image.png.261578c7be517ff51936daee796e351c.png

On 5/10/2021 at 1:58 PM, PokemanDude90 said:

I think this policy needs immediate reconsideration. Nonsubgraded CGC slabs should be treated just like a PSA/BGS/etc crossover and graded as a brand new card. I don't see why or even how this card with binder ding should be grandfathered in to a 8.5 w/ subs just because a defect was unfortunately missed during initial grading. 

Customers pay a significant premium for subgrades, and they wait longer to receive their cards back, because of the confidence that their card was closely examined through CGC's expert and impartial authentication. Would this card receive an overall 8.5 if subgrades were initially purchased? I think that answer is exactly why this policy needs immediate reconsideration. 

image.png.261578c7be517ff51936daee796e351c.png

They charge full price if it's in their own slab already, but it's half price moving from a competitor's slab? That makes no sense... 

-Matt 

On 6/3/2021 at 12:17 AM, Matt Macaluso said:

They charge full price if it's in their own slab already, but it's half price moving from a competitor's slab? That makes no sense... 

-Matt 

That discount is gone, all crossovers are the same price as raw card grading prices.