• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cover you love
3 3

505 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Jayman said:

Mr. Whitney drew a left foot on a right leg! ???

Unless it ties into the story somehow. hm

I can see how he drew it, with the left foot planted while he is pivoting... but if that’s the case, then the only other explanation is that this man has no man bits because those legs are joined together. 

Personally I’d prefer a left foot on my right leg. 

Edited by D2

48 minutes ago, D2 said:

I can see how he drew it, with the left foot planted while he is pivoting... but if that’s the case, then the only other explanation is that this man has no man bits because those legs are joined together. 

Personally I’d prefer a left foot on my right leg. 

Or he has two left foot lol

@IkewithMikeThe Limited Treasuries Edition (ltd. to 3000) & Dynamic Forces (ltd. to 5000) issues are getting harder to come by; if you find either I recommend grabbing them. There are also the ashcans. The red foil & 1993 Chicago Comic Con variants are common, while the gold foil is around but harder to find in good shape. If you can find the gold foil in the sleeve w/ the HERO sticker intact, you're in luck (NOTE: CGC will remove it from the HERO sleeve w/ serial sticker if graded). The silver foil ashcan was my grail for the longest time; limited to 1000 pieces & very HTF. I lucked out on eBay last year & finally got one. I'm having the set + ashcans graded, then custom framed for my office as a massive wall hanger. The series has sentimental value for me, as issue 1 is the first comic I ever bought with my dad.

I got in touch with DHC to talk about this because its one of those things where it exists, but not a lot of people have actually seen it. They were randomly handed out buy DHC at conventions in 1993, but not all of the 1000 pieces were handed out. A bunch of them went to a con in Australia, and those that were left over went to DHC staff who wanted them. The remainder were destroyed, so there isn't an exact count on how many of the 1000 pieces actually made it into the wild. I've heard stories of people randomly finding them in off the beaten path comic shops, and one of the board members posted about finding one in a HPB dollar bin the weekend after I grabbed mine off eBay; so its one of those weird, rare things. There is a very nice silver ashcan CGC graded on eBay now, if you're interested + willing to pay. Its only the third one I've seen for sale in 20+ years of looking for them. (NOTE: Its not mine; I wouldn't sell mine at any reasonable price. Pay off the mortgage money, maybe, but not for anything less.)

Damn.JPG

Edited by BabaLament

16 minutes ago, BabaLament said:

@IkewithMikeThe Limited Treasuries Edition (ltd. to 3000) & Dynamic Forces (ltd. to 5000) issues are getting harder to come by; if you find either I recommend grabbing them. There are also the ashcans. The red foil & 1993 Chicago Comic Con variants are common, while the gold foil is around but harder to find in good shape. If you can find the gold foil in the sleeve w/ the HERO sticker intact, you're in luck (NOTE: CGC will remove it from the HERO sleeve w/ serial sticker if graded). The silver foil ashcan was my grail for the longest time; limited to 1000 pieces & very HTF. I lucked out on eBay last year & finally got one. I'm having the set + ashcans graded, then custom framed for my office as a massive wall hanger. The series has sentimental value for me, as issue 1 is the first comic I ever bought with my dad.

I got in touch with DHC to talk about this because its one of those things where it exists, but not a lot of people have actually seen it. They were randomly handed out buy DHC at conventions in 1993, but not all of the 1000 pieces were handed out. A bunch of them went to a con in Australia, and those that were left over went to DHC staff who wanted them. The remainder were destroyed, so there isn't an exact count on how many of the 1000 pieces actually made it into the wild. I've heard stories of people randomly finding them in off the beaten path comic shops, and one of the board members posted about finding one in a HPB dollar bin the weekend after I grabbed mine off eBay; so its one of those weird, rare things. There is a very nice silver ashcan CGC graded on eBay now, if you're interested + willing to pay. Its only the third one I've seen for sale in 20+ years of looking for them. (NOTE: Its not mine; I wouldn't sell mine at any reasonable price. Pay off the mortgage money, maybe, but not for anything less.)

Damn.JPG

Thanks for sharing that. I know I have one of the ashcans for sure, I think its red, but I'm going to have to go into my storage containers and take a look now