• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How bad is this?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I bought a Hulk 341 and immediately noticed there is a small rip to both the front and back covers as well as every inside page.

Could this be factory damage from the machines pulling the book around?

It's strange because it's not a clean cut like from scissors. I imagine it wouldnt be easy to tear a comic like that without bending the book in some way and that's really the only damage I see around the area. The cover and inside pages are flat and smooth.

Thanks!

20210120_131046_HDR.jpg

20210120_131310.jpg

20210120_131409.jpg

1 hour ago, The Lions Den said:

That's definitely not normal and doesn't appear to be a manufacturing flaw. If you're putting together a high grade run, you may want to find a different copy and keep this one as a "reader"...

No it doesn't look normal at all.

It's just weird how that rip could even happen without bending the book in some way.

On 1/22/2021 at 11:59 AM, Randall Ries said:

Oh I recognize this. That is a "My wife was losing the argument so she ripped my book to be a hateful shrew" tear. I had one put in a copy of Batman #9. And not the "New 52" one, either. The golden age one. :slapfight:

I am very familiar with this kind of tear. There is an easy fix. A quick trip to the lawyer. Fifteen years of child support to stop the tears...I came out ahead.

1 hour ago, Gaard said:

I am very familiar with this kind of tear. There is an easy fix. A quick trip to the lawyer. Fifteen years of child support to stop the tears...I came out ahead.

Amen, brother. Haven't had a rip like that in over 30 years. I bet the judge would have taken a different view if I had ruined some of her stuff. Funny how that works. Oh, well. Rear view mirror stuff. :tink: