• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magic Brittle Pages Become Cream/OW
2 2

26 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, woowoo said:

Like i have said before, I don't need a grading company to grade my books. I have graded Action 1 to 50 Tec 1 to 100 most All of the top 100 books since 1977.

I had my Detective 27  Batman 1 Tec 1 grade by PGX 2007ish to to please e-bay buyers.

I wanted to buy a house here in SF bay are and they where 50% off market price so i put my Tec 27 on ebay as a vg+.

I got 17 k bid and had a 25k reserve most all the messages i got was is it all there and is it a vg+.

I wanted money fast and Daniel at PGX said drive here and i personally grade them so i drove 6 hours up and he graded them there on the spot within 24 hours.

I got the Tec back as 4.5 E would have loved a 5.0 but he was spot on to what Mark Wilson and many others said VG+.

The Batman 1 i bought unrestored abought a vg+/fine- got 8.5 E slight trim bottom right edge. I did not think Mark Wilson trimmed books but did not care at that time.

I bought my Tec 10 and 12 as unrestored from sparkle city comics 1980ish as unrestored NM came back slight/Mod both.8.0 and 7.0 

I bought Action 15 NM unrestored 1978ish he walked out with my books he said its unrestored but had drop of glue top bottom spine ? I looked with large scan could not see this and it only got 8.5 i thought 9.2 but it is what it is.

I know if i sent Tec 27 to CGC it might come back as a 4.0 or even a 3.5 does anyone think it would make a diff in the sale other than CGC 3.5 would outsell PGX 4.5.

I have seen CGC 4.0 that look like 6.0 and 6.0 CGC that look no better than 4.0 so grading company are only good to ( Me ) Fore resale i guess. No alcohol was used only coffee.

I would have to see the results of a breathalyzer test before believing that last statement