• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 122...

9 posts in this topic

Took a chance on a seller with 1 feedback (at the time) after he sent me a larger scan. Let me know what you guys think. There is a slight dent that runs throught the book over the "W" in "Look who's smiling now!" on the BC. The mark on the bottom of the FC spine is just a scratch, not a tear. Very sharp corners. Thanks in advance.

asm122.jpg

asm122bk.jpg

O,

You got a great deal! Well done 893applaud-thumb.gif

The bent lower staple bothers me a little, I can't see the dent, and the BC overhang is a bit rough. It may be rejected for slabbing by CGC - all in all a very presentable book:

8.0 sumo.gif

The bent lower staple bothers me a little

Is that bend a prod defect? I have seen that type of damage several times before, including on other copies of that issue. Does CGC downgrade for it?

Good question, but annnnnnnnt! 27_laughing.gif

I suppose the staple could get bent any number of ways 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

8.5/9.0. I'm leaning toward 9.0...it's a nice book!

I agree. It's a tweener. Iron out those wrinkes and I think you are definitely in the 9.0 category. I can't respond to the staple defect though. I would call CGC...but I know you ain't the submitting type tongue.gif