• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Beyond (1999 Series)

22 posts in this topic

As a DCAU fanboy I feel like I should pick up these books, but don't want to jump into a bubble. Does anybody have a sense for where this series is headed? I'm thinking about the books with the WB logo and drawn in the animated style, similar to Batman Adventures.

Just now, Wolverinex said:

Batman Beyond 1 is on fire.  I would jump on that bandwagon earlier than later.   Such an awesome key for kids growing up during the animated series run

I noticed the high price for it; what I'm trying to figure out is if it'll keep rising, or if it'll dip back down a little bit once movie rumors die down. I'm exactly someone who grew up on the DCAU, including Batman Beyond, so I'm not buying for spec, but don't want to overspend.

Just now, bpc3qh said:

I noticed the high price for it; what I'm trying to figure out is if it'll keep rising, or if it'll dip back down a little bit once movie rumors die down. I'm exactly someone who grew up on the DCAU, including Batman Beyond, so I'm not buying for spec, but don't want to overspend.

I would try to buy a nm raw now that the 9.8s have shot over 2k.  However, a lot of people who grew up with him are reaching $$$-making stages, so it could keep rising...as demand increases.

Honestly, I don't know why it shot up so fast . 

I am glad to meet another Terry fan.  Not many on the boards... yet

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

I would try to buy a nm raw now that the 9.8s have shot over 2k.  However, a lot of people who grew up with him are reaching $$$-making stages, so it could keep rising...as demand increases.

Honestly, I don't know why it shot up so fast . 

I am glad to meet another Terry fan.  Not many on the boards... yet

I may just get a 9.4 or 9.6 in the interim, since the visual difference between them and a 9.8 is likely to be minimal, and I can't get access to many physical copies at the moment with the pandemic, but we'll see.

I love all the DCAU, but the Bat properties have always been by far my favorites. Glad to see Beyond getting its due.

12 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

I may just get a 9.4 or 9.6 in the interim, since the visual difference between them and a 9.8 is likely to be minimal, and I can't get access to many physical copies at the moment with the pandemic, but we'll see.

I love all the DCAU, but the Bat properties have always been by far my favorites. Glad to see Beyond getting its due.

Same here.  

If you get a chance,  try to pick up a newsstand.  Those go for a premium

28 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Same here.  

If you get a chance,  try to pick up a newsstand.  Those go for a premium

Good to know. Basically, I feel like I missed the boat on Batman Adventures and had to pay up the wazoo for #12, and don't want to do that for Batman Beyond--I'm willing to pay a premium for where they are right now, but don't want to pay BA 12 prices, for example.

also a big DCAU fan and love Batman Beyond... I would echo whats been said and jump in now vs later.

We're approaching a point soon where the rule of 25 kicks in and nostalgia creates another bump for these books.

I dont see these books dropping in price. maybe a dip of 5-20% but nothing drastic and nothing that wouldn't make it recoup and grow further ... just my 2 cents 

2 minutes ago, devald said:

also a big DCAU fan and love Batman Beyond... I would echo whats been said and jump in now vs later.

We're approaching a point soon where the rule of 25 kicks in and nostalgia creates another bump for these books.

I dont see these books dropping in price. maybe a dip of 5-20% but nothing drastic and nothing that wouldn't make it recoup and grow further ... just my 2 cents 

Thanks. I suppose the fact that I'm seriously looking at these books should indicate that. Ugh. This is a distraction from my SA D.C.s, but whatever.

42 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I think what surprised me the most is that it organically shot up in price without any real movie news driving it.

I wonder if the Keaton news is somewhat driving it--that there's the movie speculation. Which is why I'm only a little hesitant to pay the 9.8 prices now, rather than waiting a little while longer.

53 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

I wonder if the Keaton news is somewhat driving it--that there's the movie speculation. Which is why I'm only a little hesitant to pay the 9.8 prices now, rather than waiting a little while longer.

it was rising before the Keaton news. 

58 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

I would say keep a close watch on it and if it continues to rise, maybe pull the trigger on your grail.  Always buy the big books first.  

12 hours ago, Legion HQ said:

Issue 1 9.8 (Direct Edition) just sold for $2,980 at ComicLink.  :whatthe:

Yeah...I'm gonna need to reevaluate what grade I'm gonna get that one in. I was able to snag both #5 and #6 (first Inque) in 9.6 for well below GPA, and since Inque is my favorite new character from the series, I'm very pleased with that pickup.