• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 667 Dell'Otto
2 2

12 posts in this topic

What is your idea about the grade?

Picture 1: in mylar, shows a bit more dirty than the book is in reality

Picture 2: direct scan, shows a bit more bright than the book is in reality

Picture 3: backcover. Please notice the scratch at the side. I am not sure if this is a manufacturer defect or not.

ASM667_raw_throughMylar.jpg

ASM667_raw_fc.jpg

ASM667_raw_bc.jpg

I was visited today by a certified CGC grader. He said 9.6 based on the front cover. And when he saw the back and the scratch he didn't hesitate one moment before stating it was a 9.0. According to him, the scratch would have been much deeper if it would have been a manufacturing defect. In his opinion the scratch probably resulted from a back board. 

So, that is a very expensive scratch. Still, I am happy to have to that book and be able to sell it.

Thanks to you all for giving me your opinion

Edited by Dutch74
additional info about the scratch

27 minutes ago, Dutch74 said:

I was visited today by a certified CGC grader. He said 9.6 based on the front cover. And when he saw the back and the scratch he didn't hesitate one moment before stating it was a 9.0. According to him, the scratch would have been much deeper if it would have been a manufacturing defect. In his opinion the scratch probably resulted from a back board. 

So, that is a very expensive scratch. Still, I am happy to have to that book and be able to sell it.

Thanks to you all for giving me your opinion

That's fair...it's the reason I asked if the scratch had depth?