• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Print run - UF #4

7 posts in this topic

I couldn't find this asked and answered, so apologies if its elsewhere.

Anyone know the 1st print numbers for Ultimate Fallout #4 please?

Interested as there are nearly 9000 on the census (including a 3.0) - I was wondering the % of books printed vs Slabbed numbers (obviously some will be slabbed elsewhere)

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, catch21 said:

Print run is unknown. There is data on how many books sold in North America through Diamond, but that data includes in the variant too.

Thanks - no idea how to access that info - sold numbers were?

Anyone in 'Moderns' have a rough idea?

I was trying to compare with Walking Dead #1 - the often quoted figure was around 7500 or so, with roughly 3260 slabbed so far.

How right that is, I have no idea.

4 hours ago, Beige said:

I couldn't find this asked and answered, so apologies if its elsewhere.

Anyone know the 1st print numbers for Ultimate Fallout #4 please?

Interested as there are nearly 9000 on the census (including a 3.0) - I was wondering the % of books printed vs Slabbed numbers (obviously some will be slabbed elsewhere)

Thanks in advance.

My understanding from these boards is there were about 75,000 copies printed of UF #4.  So it's basically 10 times more printed than Walking Dead #1.

3 hours ago, peakoilhater said:

My understanding from these boards is there were about 75,000 copies printed of UF #4.  So it's basically 10 times more printed than Walking Dead #1.

uf4 sold 130k in North America for 2011

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2011.html

but we don't know how many were sold during 2012 or how much more was still warehoused given there were numerous ordering incentives to unload printed stock. here you get a free 2nd print pichelli for every 1st or 2nd print bagley ordered.

https://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/733?articleID=112249

and we also know the variant was part of a diamond variant sale thru various anecdotes on these boards, as well as distributed to discount retailer 5 and below for inclusion in its $5 comic packs. 

this all lends itself to the conclusion (imo) that it was printed in signifcantly more quantities than what was sold.

that said, demand for it is insatiable 

How quickly were the 2nd printing of UF #4 put into the market?

Mike's reference has them all arriving the same day (August 3, 2011) and the barcode shows the two 2nd printing variants as 3rd cover-1st printing and 4th cover-1st printing.

http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/mikes/features/search.php?searchtype=comic&searchtxt=Ultimate Fallout

EDIT: I just noticed the "magnifying glass" by the date on Mike's site shows that the 2nd printings arrived August 31, 2011, which was 4 weeks later, same month.

Edited by valiantman