• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who bought the cap 4 from ComicLink?
1 1

15 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Not all 0.5s are equal. Lovely copy.

Yes, not sure why CGC didn't use their Green Qualified label here, as this CGC 0.5 assigned grade tells you absolutely nothing at all as to the actual condition grade of the underlying book itself.  doh!  :p

Edited by lou_fine

On 1/22/2021 at 6:26 PM, Simon Comics said:

I was bidding on the cap 4 on ComicLink and it didn’t put in my did as I stupidly put in cents along with my bid. Whoever won it, I hope you’re open to selling it and making a profit. Or if anyone has a cap 4 they’re selling, let me know 

3EE12894-9C69-4388-A7B3-DE7BEC135B01.jpeg

WOW, great book

11 hours ago, Simon Comics said:

I put on a bid of 1903.98

weird bid, but at least now you know not to include cents in your bid ( don't think that is accepted with ComicConnect or Heritage either )

Edited by Gotham Kid

17 hours ago, Simon Comics said:

I was trying to bid on it. I RARELY buy from ComicLink and I put on a bid of 1903.98 and it told me it’s an error as they don’t accept cent bids. So time ran out and I lost 

Hi, Simon. 98 cents? What were you thinking? Oh well win some lose some. I did the same thing on comicconnect with an Avengers 4 by bidding 1550.00, apparently they only accept whole numbers without the decimal point which is the opposite of comiclink in which you must enter a decimal point followed by .00. ( If I am wrong about that please correct me). Still bothers me. Then it showed up on ebay a month later for 850.00 more and the guy wouldn't budge. 

Anyway you'll find a nicer one with a back cover some day. Or maybe this one will pop up again. All things things come to those who wait.

Edited by Professor Chaos

16 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, not sure why CGC didn't use their Green Qualified label here, as this CGC 0.5 assigned grade tells you absolutely nothing at all as to the actual condition grade of the underlying book itself.  doh!  :p

I agree. This is exactly when this color comes into play. Seems so harsh on a book this nice otherwise. I would be happy as heck with it. 

7 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

Hi, Simon. 98 cents? What were you thinking? Oh well win some lose some. I did the same thing on comicconnect with an Avengers 4 by bidding 1550.00, apparently they only accept whole numbers without the decimal point which is the opposite of comiclink in which you must enter a decimal point followed by .00. ( If I am wrong about that please correct me). Still bothers me. Then it showed up on ebay a month later for 850.00 more and the guy wouldn't budge. 

Anyway you'll find a nicer one with a back cover some day. Or maybe this one will pop up again. All things things come to those who wait.

I usually bid a number with .98 at the end for good luck on ebay. Joe was 98 when he died so I keep that number around as if hes helping me win it. I have alsmot always won when doing that. It sucks as thats really a book I wanted for my collection. Hopefully itll turn up again and they wont want to rob me. Its a good looking copy. Hope to get one one day. 

9 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

weird bid, but at least now you know not to include cents in your bid ( don't think that is accepted with ComicConnect or Heritage either )

Yea it was a werid bid. Sometimes Ill do .98 as my grandfather passed away at 98. Its a symbol like good luck, only it didnt work this time. 

18 minutes ago, Simon Comics said:

ive never done that before, how would i go about doing that

@COMICLINK

Or try Jon or Douglas (both are board members I think and both great guys)

https://comiclink.com/services.asp#Contact Information/Mailing Address

A request coming from the grandson of Joe Simon, pretty sure they'll help out.

Edited by Gotham Kid