• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC - Please stop mislabeling some Vengeance of Vampirella #1 Green Foil covers as Royal Blue Edition
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I'm sorry to have to call you to the carpet, but this is the second time I have seen this in the wild (the other is certificate# 2036684017). This one was on eBay a few weeks back, and I notified the seller that what he was selling was not labeled correctly. How do I know, you may ask? Well, I own all four covers (see the last picture).

118153291_s-l1600(5).thumb.jpg.0880ddd7df8bb192ac819a44bb3990f9.jpg

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.19f12edcdd57b74a01f5bb3fdaac0e02.jpg

These are my copies here. B|

20200417_152502.thumb.jpg.c5a6d0ec0f42f3572eba20879b5fef36.jpg

10 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

I do see how they could have made this mistake...

Yes, it's a very nuanced difference. However the price difference of Royal Blue vs Green is at least 10 to 1, so if someone bought that eBay example they would have been sorely disappointed.

3 hours ago, Darkga said:

Yes, it's a very nuanced difference. However the price difference of Royal Blue vs Green is at least 10 to 1, so if someone bought that eBay example they would have been sorely disappointed.

I see. Amazing there's such a difference just because of a slight variation in color. This sounds like information that should be shared with the CGC verification team...

29 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

I see. Amazing there's such a difference just because of a slight variation in color. This sounds like information that should be shared with the CGC verification team...

Yeah, there were only 100 of the Royal Blue printed as opposed to the 10's of thousands of the Green. Below is a link with some slightly outdated info (there is some debate as to whether it was an accident), but it gives you the gist.

https://recalledcomics.com/VengeanceOfVampirella1Blue.php

7 hours ago, Darkga said:

Yeah, there were only 100 of the Royal Blue printed as opposed to the 10's of thousands of the Green. Below is a link with some slightly outdated info (there is some debate as to whether it was an accident), but it gives you the gist.

https://recalledcomics.com/VengeanceOfVampirella1Blue.php

Interesting information. Thank you! Hopefully CGC's verification team will straighten this out...  doh!