• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BEAUTIFUL HAL FOSTER BOOKS (PRICE DROP)

4 posts in this topic

As I continue to de-access my library here are some beautiful volumes that I'm making available.

Most know Hal Foster as the father of the legendary, long running syndicated strip “Prince Valiant” but he also had a very successful career as an illustrator. You don't have to be a comic historian to appreciate the fine drawing skills on display in these three books that reference the career of this talented artist.

"Hal Foster ,Prince of Illustrators" /signed by author / slip case (Like New)
 Large art portfolio and bio of noted illustrator and comic strip artist Hal Foster. Best known for his sunday strips of "Prince Valiant", which ran for decades in many American newspapers, he was also a very accomplished illustrator of books and other publications. Illustrated throughout with B&W and color illustrations Foster, and also by some of the other famous artists in the field that were influenced by him! Long out of print, and scarce now. (9”x 11”,208 pgs ,color gallery,$24+$6 shipping)

“Prince Valiant Vol.11,Intrigues at Camelot”  (G)10” x 13.5”,full color,some pages slightly loose from binding  "

Prince Valiant Vol.15 ,Young Godfrey” (VG)  (10” x 13.5” ,full color)  

Published by Fantagraphics both books present a portfolio of this historic work with consecutive sunday strips in a large format so the reader can truly appreciate the delicate detail that went into the drawing of  each page. A truly beautiful collection of Foster’s signature work in each.

All three offered at $15 + $8 shipping

PAYPAL /CC ,US buyers only,"Take" buyers should complete purchase in 48 hrs

IMG_2521.thumb.JPG.f990d2beba2eed7c8c542710a813141d.JPGPaypal/CC , US Buyers Only,
Important: Please message me if interested ,”Take” buyers must complete payment in 48 hrs.

IMG_2526.jpg

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2517.jpg

IMG_2514-1.jpg

IMG_2521-1.jpg

Edited by rrichards