• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great Introductions - The 1st appearance thread
2 2

83 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Deadpool s first few years wasnt that good it took many reiteration of the character before knowing the one that we all love.not that the first few comics were bad but something was missing

The pleased to meet you is terrible lol on that panel

Edited by BigLeagueCHEW

First appearance of Roadblock and Duke who would turn out to be two of the most popular characters in GI Joe. 

They made quite the entrance in GI Joe 22 while watching over a burial for General Flagg, a Cobra Rattler comes to take out everyone in attendance.  Roadblock and Duke lights the modified A-10 Warthog up and introduce themselves. 

IMG_1692.jpeg

IMG_1693.jpeg

IMG_1694.jpeg

IMG_1695.jpeg

IMG_1696.jpeg

1 hour ago, Namtak said:

Deadpool s first few years wasnt that good it took many reiteration of the character before knowing the one that we all love.not that the first few comics were bad but something was missing

Definitely agree. I actually liked him best in Cable and Deadpool. Having someone so serious paired with him really helped level things out and made for a great read.

2 minutes ago, Steelrain41 said:

Definitely agree. I actually liked him best in Cable and Deadpool. Having someone so serious paired with him really helped level things out and made for a great read.

When I got back in, that was the first tpb I got too, great read :)

1 minute ago, Steelrain41 said:

When I started reading comics that was my first series. Still one of my favorites.

ya tpb was only maybe first 5 or 10 issues or something, but it ended with Deadpool splattered everywhere or something trying to heal lol

Just fun to get blasted like that on my first read ha. It brought back some memories etc and kept me at it :x 

1 hour ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

The pleased to meet you is terrible lol on that panel

Yeah deadpool makes everything turn around him,wouldnt be so formal and certainly not gave away his employer like that he would just bable on subject that had no matter making his action feel normal and not at all personal and try to make cable feel like mess!!!

1 hour ago, KirbyJack said:

First appearance of Prester John.

5C3D2FE7-BE5D-46D6-9493-E8D2F3F8ED8B.thumb.jpeg.c69762da6be1ace9963b3ebb6db4ac08.jpeg

FWIW, I consider this panel to be a vivid example of the Kirby/Sinnott team at their greatest.

Hey that guy in the chair reminded me of the alien in the chair in the first movie of alien that some called space junky