• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great Introductions - The 1st appearance thread
2 2

83 posts in this topic

On 1/23/2021 at 8:35 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

1st Pitt

C9029FB2-8284-4EB9-9B40-186DD685F20B.jpeg

28E55750-D7D7-4F62-B0A6-B228F0D887CE.jpeg

AE19E838-7902-4C23-A24E-E30574BF83A2.jpeg

AC35EE81-21D6-40D0-BD0B-13CDB6EA90CC.jpeg

2DF44D15-699E-4DCA-89A4-E516B3EC8C57.jpeg

E8BEB85C-2A66-49A0-9444-BACACE6E47B9.jpeg

Actually, no.  The PITT #1 has a publication date of Jan, 1993.  But it was preceded by a 1pg pinup in Spawn #1 (May, 1992) - the PITT's 1st appearance. 

The PITT #1 was also preceded by The Malibu Sun #19, published in Nov, 1992, where The PITT makes a cover appearance.

1 hour ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Actually, no.  The PITT #1 has a publication date of Jan, 1993.  But it was preceded by a 1pg pinup in Spawn #1 (May, 1992) - the PITT's 1st appearance. 

The PITT #1 was also preceded by The Malibu Sun #19, published in Nov, 1992, where The PITT makes a cover appearance.

Actually, yes. Pinups, ads, covers, etc. are not appearances.

4 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

My bad.  I forgot I got my Spawn 1 signed by Dale. Up until recently I thought Youngblood 4 was the first appearance.  Didn’t know about Malibu Sun .(thumbsu

F8A47809-6870-43BA-8E45-42BE34D3C2B0.jpeg

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 1/24/2021 at 9:43 AM, Namtak said:

Deadpool s first few years wasnt that good it took many reiteration of the character before knowing the one that we all love.not that the first few comics were bad but something was missing

He was a standard mercenary type who tried to be funny early on but the humour never landed. I would say Joe Kelly really took him that extra step, making him actually funny and from there, people really amped it up. To the point of beyond silly at times but hey, the fans seem to like it. While Deadpool visually is a neat character, he has never been interesting enough for me to say I love him.

First appearance of the most powerful character in the entire Marvel universe, The One-Above-All.

He seems strangely familiar.

Sc2au15yQye7LN924anYR7X44CTGUgTwmpRPyuMz

Mrzgm60OK5IzbvrCD3L9x-FNmVQVrVaS-eonQEzq

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 1/26/2021 at 12:07 PM, comicginger1789 said:

He was a standard mercenary type who tried to be funny early on but the humour never landed. I would say Joe Kelly really took him that extra step, making him actually funny and from there, people really amped it up. To the point of beyond silly at times but hey, the fans seem to like it. While Deadpool visually is a neat character, he has never been interesting enough for me to say I love him.

All I remember is him mailing Toliver's head back...? Or maybe they mailed his head back to Toliver?  Actually, I guess I don't remember anything except someone mailing a head to someone else and someone named Toliver. Although it was probably spelled Tolliver.  But mostly I just wanted to bump this thread because it is fun.

17 hours ago, Schmakt said:

All I remember is him mailing Toliver's head back...? Or maybe they mailed his head back to Toliver?  Actually, I guess I don't remember anything except someone mailing a head to someone else and someone named Toliver. Although it was probably spelled Tolliver.  But mostly I just wanted to bump this thread because it is fun.

Deadpool was mailed whole ,his regeneration power was yet to be known,and to the extend of his regeneration powers today is just ridiculous and wasnt the case back then

4 hours ago, the blob said:

Bill is an awesome looking creation with the stupidest of names

2 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

agree! 

But that story was told the same way the silver age stories were told and it totally took me back. Love it

A great initial story arc by Simonson, but that name spoiled it in an intrusive way for me.

As much as I tried to rationalise it by trying to think of it as a phonetic English version of an actual alien name, it still continued to sound quite terrible.  And still does.

On the other hand, Stormbreaker is a great and extremely metal name for a hammer weapon.