• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Wars: High Republic & Adventures
3 3

187 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

There is a Hans cover for High Republic Adventures? I thought there were only two. 

Oops. HR 1 B and E (Hans).

I was just texting a LCS owner friend to get case label numbers for HR Advs 1. He is already at home and will let me know tomorrow.

Edited by kimik

21 minutes ago, kimik said:

Oops. HR 1 B and E (Hans).

I was just texting a LCS owner friend to get case label numbers for HR Advs 1. He is already at home and will let me know tomorrow.

Phew 😅 thought I missed something. While unnamed, HRA #1 looks to have the first appearance of 

Spoiler

Marchion Ro

Edited by awakeintheashes

I am curious to see the difference in stacks on the shelf for HR 2 and HR Advs 1 at stores tomorrow. My file LCS owner told me that he had a lot of new orders of HR 2 for files. He asked most of his HR file holders if they wanted HR Advs 1 as well, and less than half said yes. My :wishluck: that holds true across the board.

10 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Phew 😅 thought I missed something. While unnamed, HRA #1 looks to have the first appearance of 

Reveal hidden contents

Marchion Ro

It has a number of 1st apps. That is why I hope it was ordered lower due to being a kids book. I have another large order in on it regardless as I think it will be a great D+ animated show - Yoda and the Younglings.

Just now, kimik said:

I am curious to see the difference in stacks on the shelf for HR 2 and HR Advs 1 at stores tomorrow. My file LCS owner told me that he had a lot of new orders of HR 2 for files. He asked most of his HR file holders if they wanted HR Advs 1 as well, and less than half said yes. My :wishluck: that holds true across the board.

It might from what I’ve seen of the amount of “Adventures” books when I go to the LCS. From the preview I read it looks well done. Also, not High Republic, but the upcoming Star Wars Adventures books have real nice Francavilla covers. I’ll be checking those out, too. 

2 minutes ago, kimik said:

It has a number of 1st apps. That is why I hope it was ordered lower due to being a kids book. I have another large order in on it regardless as I think it will be a great D+ animated show - Yoda and the Younglings.

Totally. I think some were speculating that spoiler would show up in HR first or later on in HRA. 

I am glad I decided to chase the HR 2 1:25 variant and upped my normal bulk pre-order before FOC. That will cover the cost of all of the regular copies I have to sit on now. lol 

I will not hit my file LCS until after work tonight. Can anyone else comment on what the stacks at stores look like between HR 2 and HRAdvs 1?

Edited by kimik

14 minutes ago, kimik said:

I am glad I decided to chase the HR 2 1:25 variant and upped my normal bulk pre-order before FOC. That will cover the cost of all of the regular copies I have to sit on now. lol 

I will not hit my file LCS until after work tonight. Can anyone else comment on what the stacks at stores look like between HR 2 and HRAdvs 1?

Meetings got cancelled, so I’m about to head out. I’ll let you know what it looks like near me 

1 hour ago, kimik said:

Just got back from the LCS. There was one stack of HR left and 2 stacks of HRA remaining. It looks like the store set out 3 stacks of each book, so maybe they mirrored their HR #2 order for HRA #1

2 minutes ago, pkveronese said:

That last page makes HRA #1 IMO. So pumped.

Also, gave me this flashback. I wasn't expecting that in an all-ages comic. Not sure if that's the norm. 

walking_dead_governor1.jpg

Edited by awakeintheashes

15 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

It might from what I’ve seen of the amount of “Adventures” books when I go to the LCS. From the preview I read it looks well done. Also, not High Republic, but the upcoming Star Wars Adventures books have real nice Francavilla covers. I’ll be checking those out, too. 

He's been doing the Vader's Castle covers. They are just OK.

4 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Just got back from the LCS. There was one stack of HR left and 2 stacks of HRA remaining. It looks like the store set out 3 stacks of each book, so maybe they mirrored their HR #2 order for HRA #1

Makes sense that HRA will be the slower seller right now as most will view it as a kids book. 

Small changes based on the fact I've just read both of these comics - both of these comics were released on the same day:

The High Republic #2

1st appearance one Nihil member.

The High Republic Adventures #1

1st appearance of Baro, Bibs, Torban Buck, Farzala, Zeen Mrala, Qort, Lula Talisola, 5-6 members of the Nihil, Tromak the Elders of the Path, as well as the 1st cameo appearance of Marchion Ro, the leader of the Nihil :x

In The High Republic #2 there was only 1 Nihil, whereas in The High Republic Adventures #1 there were around 5-6 of them, not forgetting the leader of the Nihil, Marchion lol

1 hour ago, Bart Allen said:

Small changes based on the fact I've just read both of these comics - both of these comics were released on the same day:

The High Republic #2

1st appearance one Nihil member.

The High Republic Adventures #1

1st appearance of Baro, Bibs, Torban Buck, Farzala, Zeen Mrala, Qort, Lula Talisola, 5-6 members of the Nihil, Tromak the Elders of the Path, as well as the 1st cameo appearance of Marchion Ro, the leader of the Nihil :x

In The High Republic #2 there was only 1 Nihil, whereas in The High Republic Adventures #1 there were around 5-6 of them, not forgetting the leader of the Nihil, Marchion lol

HRA 1 there are 5-6 Nihil but when Marchion  Ro shows up in the last panel there looks like 20ish surrounding the Jedi.

5A521B2B-DBF8-40E5-8E13-80EA8AD1CDEB.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

HRA 1 there are 5-6 Nihil but when Marchion  Ro shows up in the last panel there looks like 20ish surrounding the Jedi.

I missed that, as I was totally transfixed with Marchion lol

But technically HRA 1 should be the first appearance of the Nihil in comics as opposed to HR #1 - both falling on the same release day.