• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Wars: High Republic & Adventures
3 3

187 posts in this topic

On 2/17/2021 at 1:42 PM, Crops068 said:

There is another version of this coming Friday at noon eastern.

799F18A0-B2AE-47EE-839E-654925507389.thumb.jpeg.48820ba8be0d1c88ca11094a61dfe27d.jpeg

The shadow variant is up for grabs right now at Sad Lemon comics...just grabbed two. While supplies last STAR WARS HIGH REPUBLIC #3 MIKE MAYHEW SHADOW VIRGIN VARIANT LIMITED T – SAD LEMON COMICS

Yeah they all got scooped up around here. All the other new packs are in the stores I checked but no High Republic. Besides, they’re flooding eBay now so they’re not as rare as some may have wanted to believe... when they lower around $15-20 I may get one just to have, but I’m not going to break my back trying to get one either.

Edited by BishopT

On 2/18/2021 at 5:39 PM, Rip said:

I passed on those latest cover variants, too much!

Checked Wal-Mart and nothing yet.

(The market will get flooded soon I suspect)

My Wallyworld finally stocked them today.  There was 2, I grabbed 1 and left the other.

Was reading through HRA #1 and noticed this. Probably a stretch to say there is a connection to the Acolyte show in development. I believe that focuses on the Sith secrets during the High Republic era and will likely have something to do with Sith Acolytes, but wanted to point this out just in case. 

C107A298-300A-46B0-99B1-522C12DABC98.thumb.jpeg.dfeb5faa45815a2afbaf2dfa2a50b823.jpeg

4 hours ago, Second Blight said:

Shilled listings will do that......

No completed listings yet.  They have to list them in order to shill the book.

edit: This original comment of selling for $500 makes me want to stay away from this auction already. Just seems like any Auction moving forward could possibly be shilled.

Edited by Catwomancomics

13 hours ago, ygogolak said:

:gossip: shhh, hard to pump it up when you bring facts to the table.

Maybe do some research of your own?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=high+republic+3+cbe&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

And in full disclosure, I did try to buy a copy but didn't get one in the first wave and I missed the second. Like I'm sure many here, I'm buying what I can because i see a future in the HR era. So I have no beef if these are shilled. In normal circumstances I'd say probably, but people are paying thousands for even dumber SW spec, so I don't know what to believe anymore.

Normally I hate the exclusives, but I give them credit for their tactics. Why sell 3000/1000 copies for $15/$30 when you can just sell 600/600 for $80? If the 1st apps take off, you have the "One" to own for sure just due to rarity. And if you only sell 400 and keep most of the rest, you have a massive goldmine on your hands.

I know people comment about the whole 600/600 run being BS, but it doesn't really matter because the perception is out there that it's 600/600 and many newer collectors will never question it.

Edited by Tnexus

24 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Maybe it's just me but I find the art on the high republic adventures book to be awful.  Think I'm done with that one already.  

I think the art leaves a bit to be desired, but the story in issue 1 was superior to what has come out of High Republic through two issues. I'll be picking up HRA 2 and HR3 today to see if that is still the case. 

4 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Maybe it's just me but I find the art on the high republic adventures book to be awful.  Think I'm done with that one already.  

It’s not inked tightly enough. 2c