• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do comic runs get premiums? If so, how long do they have to be?

4 posts in this topic

I know this answer could vary greatly, so I'll try to give a bit of context. I recently bought a short box of Bronze Age comics, and included was Avengers 206-222. I'm hoping to expand the run, but I was wondering whether or not, at this point, the value of the comics in the run is more or less than selling them individually, and how it would relate to runs in general. Also, what might the run be worth? (They're all between VF to NM-) 

for "non-key" issues, I've found it easier to sell in small lots of 4-6 as it spreads out the shipping cost per book  especially it you make the commercial USPS 1st class weight limit.  I wouldn't say 'premium' but I think it's a little better than selling an individual book.    I agree that when you start getting into larger sizes people are looking for a 'bulk discount'