• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USPS Registered Mail to CGC - Anyone have this happen to them before?

7 posts in this topic

wow - I live in Philly and it wasn't me!    Their website say this about wrong delivery - I hope you're in the 1st scenario and they fix it for you

Scenario 1

To be on the safe side and as a responsible person, the first thing you should do is let your post office know about the wrong delivery. It’s better if the sender calls or visits the post office in person and informs them.

The USPS will note down a complaint and immediately try to retrieve your parcel if it was the delivery guy’s mistake or if the mistake was at their end in any way.

In most cases, the USPS shall locate your parcel and retrieve it. Soon your parcel shall be in the recovered list and you’ll be able to have your parcel.

This is the most ideal way and 7 out of 10 times this would be the solution to your problem.

Scenario 2

Sometimes if the mistake is at the sender’s end, suppose the address of the destination was not correct right from the start, then USPS may or may not take charge of the problem.

It is only fair if USPS doesn’t take charge and you have to deal with the problem on your own. In that case, it’s best if you let the sender know about your issue. If you both know each other, chances are you’ll be able to deal with this problem on your own.

You can ask the USPS post office to know the consignee’s name, signature, and address. If you can’t file a complaint against the USPS what you can do is go to the receiver yourself and request them to give you your package after providing relevant information. The USPS can find the receiver’s information on the airway bill.

Chances are that the person who did sign and receive the package, may have done it by mistake and he would probably return it to you. You may also be able to have the assistance of USPS while trying to retrieve your package and that should solve your problem.

Thanks for the reply!

It took jumping hoops to get anyone on a call at USPS.  I even went to the Post Office and got ahold of a supervisor, and she couldn't even reach anyone at the main office yesterday.

I finally got a callback from their main office today, and they claim that the recipient (CGC) asked for the forwarding and sent me a Proof of Delivery letter copy with the signature of the recipient (SChen), but they said they will continue to investigate but will take 3 days to resolve.

I just sent an email with the letter and info to CGC Services asking if they actually did ask for the forwarding but I find that weird since Pennsylvania is no where close to Florida.  Anyway since CGC is closed today I think I will have to wait until tomorrow the very least to hear the answer.

Great. Yet another reason for me to not consider  sending  some of my comics in for grading. Had been thinking about sending some of my comics in for grading, joined this site, found this forum and now second thoughts. From Newton rings, lost comics in the mail and CGC issues. Please give me a reason to change  my mind. Are all these things rare. Hope you make out with your books that sucks! 

Just to let yall know USPS finally "found" the package and delivered it to CGC.  I received an email that CGC has indeed received it.  Apparently USPS had a mix-up in their tracking system and I received a tracking number for some other person's package.

Today I sent some more books to CGC via USPS Registered mail and the clerk gave me a hard time saying that I cannot send the package to a company name... it has to be a person.