• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiant Black

157 posts in this topic

Question for anyone who has been to their LCS shop this week - were there a lot of copies of Radiant Black on the shelf? There were none on the shelf when I went yesterday, so I figured it was selling well. But, when I asked the guy at the counter, he said it was selling OK. I guess it's possible they didn't order heavy on it, which I find strange given the fact that sales are expected to be over 70,000, and it's been hyped for months. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

6 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Question for anyone who has been to their LCS shop this week - were there a lot of copies of Radiant Black on the shelf? There were none on the shelf when I went yesterday, so I figured it was selling well. But, when I asked the guy at the counter, he said it was selling OK. I guess it's possible they didn't order heavy on it, which I find strange given the fact that sales are expected to be over 70,000, and it's been hyped for months. 

I saw a ton.  

I flipped thru it, wasn't impressed enough to pick it up.  

But if someone thinks it's written well, I could re-evaluate. 

Patrick 

9 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

I saw a ton.  

I flipped thru it, wasn't impressed enough to pick it up.  

But if someone thinks it's written well, I could re-evaluate. 

Patrick 

That’s what I was expecting to see. I thought it was a good first issue. I think the action picks up in issue two. Maybe wait to read until #2 comes out so origin flows into action, since there should still be plenty of #1s left 

I’m withholding judgement until after the first few issues. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 2/10/2021 at 4:13 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Just finished issue #1. Good stuff. Good way to set things up, and I thought the dialogue was well written and pretty funny in some parts. I'll be getting #2. 

2 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Second Print just announced 

57FB03C2-8F37-43C8-BB4E-7AA42DC2FF18.jpeg.c5991101bce2778a479276241467518d.jpeg

That is a nice cover! 

On 2/11/2021 at 11:55 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Stopped in mine earlier today to check and they still had at least a dozen main covers and even a couple variant covers still on the shelf.

1 hour ago, bigclutch said:

I wanted to let you all know that I'll have this Radiant Black #1 variant by Tyler Kirkham will be available on Comics Vault Live tomorrow afternoon during our Skybound Xpo: Creatorfest. You can find out more info at Skyound.com if you're intersted.

Et4cmJRUUAA_cXk.thumb.jpg.0508f940b029bb72e49c43af5c6e3e04.jpg

I would like to get my hands on that.

Lol im the guy who bought half the stock of the 50 and 100 Ltd variants. Sold one 50 for $900 and one 100 for $700. Great investment. Paid to get them all cgc at time of purchase. It seems VERY few people paid the extra 55dlrs to do that at time of purchase which will make them even more rare. If the book is a hit. Invincible #1 with a 1000 print run unsigned 9.8 goes for almost 3k...this will be huge with MUCH lower print run, signed and yellow label 9.8. Better than stocks!

37 minutes ago, JOENAVY said:

Lol im the guy who bought half the stock of the 50 and 100 Ltd variants. Sold one 50 for $900 and one 100 for $700. Great investment. Paid to get them all cgc at time of purchase. It seems VERY few people paid the extra 55dlrs to do that at time of purchase which will make them even more rare. If the book is a hit. Invincible #1 with a 1000 print run unsigned 9.8 goes for almost 3k...this will be huge with MUCH lower print run, signed and yellow label 9.8. Better than stocks!

I hear you shipmate.  Even though I want this new cover it will be the last one that I will chase for this title.  I am getting worried about the number of covers and a the high print run.

2 hours ago, bigclutch said:

I wanted to let you all know that I'll have this Radiant Black #1 variant by Tyler Kirkham will be available on Comics Vault Live tomorrow afternoon during our Skybound Xpo: Creatorfest. You can find out more info at Skyound.com if you're intersted.

Et4cmJRUUAA_cXk.thumb.jpg.0508f940b029bb72e49c43af5c6e3e04.jpg

what will asking price be?

On 2/10/2021 at 10:54 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Looks like Higgins now has his own imprint at Image. Maybe this sets up for the shared universe BC and others were talking about.

Kyle Higgins' Black Market Narrative, With New Comic With Mat Groom

Here’s a bit more about the new comic that will be released under his imprint. Looks like Higgins is editing the book. More to come next week...

2732D15C-7293-4527-9A50-C2825791C606.thumb.png.bca68a14c37bd94d596a3520d6e0d0d1.png

1 hour ago, JOENAVY said:

Well, to be fair, if you bought half the stock and CGC'd them all, then a majority of them will be slabbed making the unslabbed the rarity.

Edited by Tnexus

5 hours ago, carter3175 said:

I hear you shipmate.  Even though I want this new cover it will be the last one that I will chase for this title.  I am getting worried about the number of covers and a the high print run.

Yes sir sea warrior lol. Its getting high but not at BRZRKR levels yet thank god.