• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Misalignment caused by Pressing?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I just got some books back from CCS/CGC, and some of the books are misaligned pretty badly. It's like the books weren't centered correctly while pressed. 
The covers are all shifted, causing the pages to peak out of the side in a staircase-like fashion.

On one of the books, in the top corner on the back, you can see some of the front cover, but on the front of the book, you can see some of the back cover. It is as though someone applied pressure to the top of the book, then turned whatever was applying pressure counterclockwise. Additionally, only the bottom staple can be seen from the front. 

Is it normal for books to be like this after pressing, or did CCS just do a terrible job? 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Noah Koessel

A lot depends on who is doing the pressing.  These comics needed to be realigned prior to pressing, but were probably just put in as they were received, and pressed.  I'm not sure what CCS does for the $12 or so, or $8 if it's a quick press.  It could take quite some time to realign a comic, and that doesn't sound like it would be in the $12 service.  Maybe someone has a more informed idea of what the expectation is.

5 hours ago, Lightning55 said:

A lot depends on who is doing the pressing.  These comics needed to be realigned prior to pressing, but were probably just put in as they were received, and pressed.  I'm not sure what CCS does for the $12 or so, or $8 if it's a quick press.  It could take quite some time to realign a comic, and that doesn't sound like it would be in the $12 service.  Maybe someone has a more informed idea of what the expectation is.

I think you're right on the money...  ;)

4 hours ago, joeypost said:

How is the staple placements on each book? 

This could be the result of a few issues. 

The staple placement is fine for most of the books. It ends up looking worse, because the covers are off-kilter moving them to a different spot. 

Notice how in this picture, the cover has empty space at the spine, and wasn’t in the right spot when pressed. This caused the cover to push over the staple on top so it’s no longer visible. 

AE4EBBD7-2D01-44F5-BC31-A585F544490A.jpeg