• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spiderman Comic with Stan Lee Signature question

9 posts in this topic

I am 100% new to this.  I am looking at this comic local.  One on eBay is up for 5k. don't know that it is or is not worth that. Don't know if this is real or not as well. Please advise when you all have a moment. Thank you!

1.jpg

2.jpg

Look for ‘sold’ prices on completed eBay sales to gauge values.  

there are different levels of certainty with signatures

Cgc has encased, witnessed signatures.

other companies have verifications of signatures.  

For a beginner, i would suggest just going with Cgc SS, look for the yellow label, not to be mixed up with yellow labels from other brands

I'd stay away. These days, the gold standard for signed comics (especially moderns) is a CGC Yellow label. This comic wouldn't get you that. 

Think about it, you found that in a local comic shop, they know what it is. If they could sell it for more, they would. You are not getting a deal on this, that is my guarantee.

Edited by William-James88

1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

They’re not making any more of them but probably not the smartest starting point for a novice collector.  Lots of fake Stans out there.  Unsigned Detective 27 is my advice. 

a) too soon

b) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

c) technically, that is the best advice. I can't think of a better comic to own than an unsinged Detective 27