• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone know how to get original art from Kelley Jones?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

I can't seem to find any pages of his recent stuff (so past 10 years) online anywhere for sale. Does anyone know if he actually sells his art online? Or is it just at shows he attends?

Up until two years ago I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for many years where Kelley lives. From my time collecting there (2013-2018) Kelley attended one show in 2014. He didn’t bring any art with him. This is to say that he doesn’t sell his art at all. What you see out there is the inker’s share. I believe—which I can’t prove—he’ll send Heritage a cover for auction every now and then, but that’s it. 

1 hour ago, John E. said:

Up until two years ago I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for many years where Kelley lives. From my time collecting there (2013-2018) Kelley attended one show in 2014. He didn’t bring any art with him. This is to say that he doesn’t sell his art at all. What you see out there is the inker’s share. I believe—which I can’t prove—he’ll send Heritage a cover for auction every now and then, but that’s it. 

Thanks for the reply. Since he inks his own work lately I guess we won't see any of the newer stuff available. Too bad.

14 hours ago, William-James88 said:

I can't seem to find any pages of his recent stuff (so past 10 years) online anywhere for sale. Does anyone know if he actually sells his art online? Or is it just at shows he attends?

Kelley did sell some of his pages once upon a time (in the early 90's) but v rarely sells these days and has little interest in doing so. As you said, what's out there is mostly the inker's portions.

Cheers
Joseph

3 hours ago, cheekyj2112 said:

Hey, I think I still own a page from that same A1 story. (Haven't seen it in a while though)

Cheers

Joseph

Heh, Joseph's collection is so big he isn't even sure if he still owns certain pieces and where it is :)

Malvin