• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Fantasy 15
2 2

20 posts in this topic

I know I posted that Showcase 4, and I imagine everyone is thinking I'm being suckered.  I don't really want to say much more because I'm very excited about this deal and I have very good reason to believe that it's legit.  Everyone please weigh in with what you think, I know as before this isn't the traditional use of this forum, but I think these big books are fun, and I also think there's a very high chance I buy the books, so I will definitely update with the CGC grade.  Thanks everyone!

image_123986672 (9).JPG

image_123986672 (8).JPG

image_123986672 (7).JPG

image_123986672 (6).JPG

image_123986672 (5).JPG

image_123986672 (4).JPG

image_123986672 (3).JPG

Please don't take what I say as you "being suckered". With the Showcase and this one, I agree with vheflin. How would it go if you bought these at FMV unrestored and they came back as restored? Unless you love a mystery and aren't going to get them graded, if it were me, I would have the seller guarantee they aren't restored. Unless money is no object to you.

Of course I wouldn't want do drop a huge chunk of coin on a comic in hopes it's unrestored with no assurances, but I believe these comics are currently at prices where even if they were restored I wouldn't be losing out.  So in that sense, money is no object for these books.  I'm just trying to get a sense of what grades the books are, that's all I ask.

10 minutes ago, RustyStaples said:

Of course I wouldn't want do drop a huge chunk of coin on a comic in hopes it's unrestored with no assurances, but I believe these comics are currently at prices where even if they were restored I wouldn't be losing out.  So in that sense, money is no object for these books.  I'm just trying to get a sense of what grades the books are, that's all I ask.

What if the book isn't complete?

5 hours ago, RustyStaples said:

I would say this book falls somewhere in the "Very Good" category. It's certainly worth sending to CGC...

8 hours ago, RustyStaples said:

Thanks for weighing in, I would normally agree though, what indicated page brittleness?

If the pages flake off and fall apart just from touching the outside edge, they could be classified as brittle. Hopefully they aren't degraded that severely, but they're definitely headed in that direction---please handle with care! Encapsulating this book is a reasonable strategy, especially if you want to sell it someday. Just be very careful if you send it through the mail. I'd also advise placing a FRAGILE sticker on the bag to alert the various people at CGC---this will help reduce the possibility of handling damage. Good luck and stay safe...  

Edited by The Lions Den