• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Printer's crease?

7 posts in this topic

I'm wondering if this is something that would effect a grade, I just got this book from my local shop so I think the crease is from the printer, manufacturer, etc. but it runs the length of the cover.

I'm not sure if this is what is considering breaking the color of the ink or not.

I normally just search forums for a topic that matches mine but I have covid and thus some time to kill, so I figured I'd give posting a try!

IMG_0640.jpg

Welcome To The Boards!!!

To me that appears to be a crease from folding the book, almost like a subscription crease but it does not break color.

Color breaking is when the color layer has been lost and the white paper substrata becomes visible.

Here are examples of "printer creases" I found online.

https://comicbookgradingtool.com/

0b0b49c12a8292090ea639f13921734a.png

7e20a8ce855436a170cfc1cb712fa2c1.png

A quick press should help but I cannot see the entire crease or how the FC looks on the inside. I have submitted quite a few books with similar folds and no color breaks. Fortunately, the pressing turned out great results.