• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You can time travel back to 2010 and purchase ONE golden age book...
4 4

73 posts in this topic

Whiz Comics 1 for sure!   Great character (one of my favorites), and I find it's the most readable GA stuff.  

I'll have to make do with my Special Edition Comics 1...arguably an as iconic cover!

Marvel Comics 1 would be as very close second.

Edited by davidpg

Cap 46

Left out the why.   The significance of the cover.   I am big into history and that issue has always stuck with me.   There are other fun ones that it would be great to get before prices skyrocketed, but this would be the one that I would not consider selling

I have a copy, and it will most likely be the last to go when I sell, unless I buy a higher grade copy

Edited by GoldenAgeAddict
Left out the “why”

4 minutes ago, FoggyNelson said:

All I know is that when I was about 13 an started buying comics , I think a Action #1 was only $500 in 1969, at least that’s how I remember it😧😧

Oh yeah. We've all got some of those! And I wish I could have gone completely nuts buying GA in the 80s, but not to be. I guess this is a potentially interesting question because the timespan is more recent, and there are personal faves we 'left on the table' even as many of us were already actively buying.

I would pick the highest grade Mask 1 I could find since they were affordable then, at least to me. 

An Action 1 or Detective 27 would be great but I still couldn't afford them then. 

This reminds me of back in 2012 I bid on a low grade Showcase 4 that sold for something like $400 as a final hammer. I knew immediately that I was stupid for not going after that more aggressively. 

Edited by Ryan.

Something that I could afford even in 2010 dollars, especially since I can't resell it?  hm

Maybe Batman 1 or Sensation Comics 1.

A more practical answer might be something like Phantom Lady 17 or Startling Comics 49.

41 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Forget buying. I can probably look at the GA books I've sold since 2010 and come up with a lengthy list of regrets. 

That makes two of us!  Me for one book in particular that I woefully regret selling now.

But to answer the thread question...if I had the money I would go with AC 1, Supes being my second favorite character of all time.

1 hour ago, Ryan. said:

I would pick the highest grade Mask 1 I could find since they were affordable then, at least to me. 

A strong contender for me as well. (thumbsu I bought and sold a beater copy back then, and wish I'd kept it.