• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You can time travel back to 2010 and purchase ONE golden age book...
4 4

73 posts in this topic

It is funny how GA are simply unavailable now. They just aren’t listed like they used to be. 2010 we were making fun of the Action 1 that was over graded as a 2.5 with heavy foxing and a strip piece missing. $50k was the over priced sale. 

now we have brittle pages at $1-5k each.  

I think Batman 1 or a high grade tec 168 would be fun.  Archie 1 would be nice too. 

The LB Cole books really took off over the last 10 years. My realistic goals would be BB105 or Mask 1.  

In 2010, Suspense 3, Bat 1 and Cap1 were still way too pricey for me. I would love to have another crack at those books at 2010 prices.... Of course, I would need to sell allot of my books at 2021 prices to even reach 2010 prices

17 minutes ago, Joshua33 said:

First of all thanks to @Point Five for the topic; very fun and thought provoking. For me I'd have to say, I'd love to shell out the less than 20k this very book sold for almost 10 years ago. Pedigree and White Pages. Good presentation of one of the all time great covers ever. I'm assuming this book would now cost well into the 6 figure range.

lf (15).jpeg

Yes this exact book:golfclap:

Or just about any LB Cole.

Edited by RedGiant

43 minutes ago, RedGiant said:

Personally, I'm more of a Mask 2 fan, but this would definitely be in the running - highest recorded sale.

1801010756_ScreenShot2021-01-27at1_29_48PM.thumb.png.2165aa9015bb87885fbf7dc425502f74.png

That came out of the Southern State collection and went cheap in the sales of today 

3 hours ago, Joshua33 said:

First of all thanks to @Point Five for the topic; very fun and thought provoking. For me I'd have to say, I'd love to shell out the less than 20k this very book sold for almost 10 years ago. Pedigree and White Pages. Good presentation of one of the all time great covers ever. I'm assuming this book would now cost well into the 6 figure range.

lf (15).jpeg

I was bidding on that after seeing it in person in NY should have gone higher :smile: