• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Sliding Around in Holder

3 posts in this topic

Hi there! First time posting.

I recently received a CGC-graded comic (and I checked the certification via the CGC website) and the book, which is from 1988, has a lot of space to slide from side to side and up & down within the holder. I know there's a holder within the holder, but shouldn't that "inside holder" hold the book firm? I mean, there's seriously about half an inch of space in there. All of my other CGC-graded books have "inside holders" without this extra space. The book was graded in September of 2017, if that info helps. Do I need to have this re-holdered? Or was there some kind of mix-up and the book was placed in the wrong inner holder? I can post photos if necessary.

Thanks for your time!

- Joe

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message. Some movement within the holder is normal and acceptable and should not cause any damage to the book.  If there is more movement than your other graded books, you can reach out to our customer service department with some pictures/video of the book and we can take a look.  If it does appear to be something out of the ordinary, we can have you send it back for a reholder. You can reach our customer service department at 877-662-6642.  Thank you!