• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Underrated Artist Snapshot #1 - Mike Perkins
1 1

7 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, babsrocks31 said:

As someone who can rarely afford art from any of the truly big artists in comics, I thought it might be fun to post about an artist I think is underrated once a week or so. Each time I'm going to spotlight a different artist I personally have dealt with, that I consider to be underrated. Of course, we all have our favorites!

You can also make a pretty strong case that some of the "truly big artists in comics" are overrated. People sometimes ignore the obvious: it's not the artist, but the art.

Very nice work. Top image is great.

6 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

You can also make a pretty strong case that some of the "truly big artists in comics" are overrated. People sometimes ignore the obvious: it's not the artist, but the art.

Very nice work. Top image is great.

Good point. If I was more ballsy I'd do an overrated spotlight series.

5 minutes ago, babsrocks31 said:

Good point. If I was more ballsy I'd do an overrated spotlight series.

I think part of the problem involves different styles, as compared to a qualitative "excellent" or "eh" rating. How does one realistically compare, say, John Romita, Jr. to Mike Mignola or Bruce Timm? Is Rembrandt really better than Jackson Pollock?

No reason not to be ballsy, just decide if you think you are right.