• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poster value
1 1

14 posts in this topic

I’m curious about poster values. Unfortunately these are too big to be graded by CGC and I’m not sure they do comic posters. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

Spawn and Wildcats are pretty self explanatory, but I also have tour posters for Tool and Alice in Chain . The Alice In Chains was a display poster in a store. It was not for sale. I got it from a music store in Tacoma. The Tool poster I ordered online so I don’t know its origin. 

B3A928FE-812B-435A-A0F5-FD289F8C3757.jpeg

30F080A9-B006-4C1E-A619-F1859054F7BA.jpeg

54957025-52E4-4402-B3DF-8B451A67E0ED.jpeg

D74FF0A4-0E7C-4F57-BE8D-F344AFD375E8.jpeg

Yeah, I hate to say it, but I find posters and prints are passion purchases, that essentially are burned up money once you buy them. Unless they are, original movie posters with rare signatures like George Lucas... an original Star Wars poster of some kind maybe?

But I have a Mondo Batman poster I spent $250 on, which I would never be able to resell, and paid $100 for sigs... and if I were to sell the poster today, I might get.. 75 bucks? (while having to include the $90 frame with it, of course)...

2 hours ago, D2 said:

Yeah, I hate to say it, but I find posters and prints are passion purchases, that essentially are burned up money once you buy them. Unless they are, original movie posters with rare signatures like George Lucas... an original Star Wars poster of some kind maybe?

But I have a Mondo Batman poster I spent $250 on, which I would never be able to resell, and paid $100 for sigs... and if I were to sell the poster today, I might get.. 75 bucks? (while having to include the $90 frame with it, of course)...

Yeah, I'm thinking something along those lines. The Alice In Chains poster didn't cost me anything. It was an advertising posting, so you couldn't buy it. If any of these are worth something, it'd be that one. I've just been sitting on it for 30 years. Might have paid $30 for the Tool poster back in 2001.

I just want to make sure I don't get ripped off if I try selling something.

4 hours ago, MR SigS said:

I can't imagine they're worth very much money as there are likely many out there. I think it's old posters, 70's and before, that get the $$$ attention, but ones like these that were probably in [most] every comic and music shop, and even some homes nation wide- probably not.

Probably very true for the Spawn and Wildcats. I bought them brand new so I maybe spent 10-15 dollars combined. That was the mid 90's. I got the Wildcats at San Diego Comic Con.

I couldn't find the Alice in Chains poster

The Tool Lateralus promo poster I found one listed for $36.00

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tool-Lateralus-Original-UK-Promo-Poster-Progressive-Metal-RARE/402610765270?hash=item5dbd78bdd6:g:M7QAAOSwPiFesD3H

My estimate for the Spawn and Wildcats posters is likely in the $10-$30 

On 1/29/2021 at 2:58 AM, Kerdese said:

I’m curious about poster values. Unfortunately these are too big to be graded by CGC and I’m not sure they do comic posters. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

Spawn and Wildcats are pretty self explanatory, but I also have tour posters for Tool and Alice in Chain . The Alice In Chains was a display poster in a store. It was not for sale. I got it from a music store in Tacoma. The Tool poster I ordered online so I don’t know its origin. 

B3A928FE-812B-435A-A0F5-FD289F8C3757.jpeg

30F080A9-B006-4C1E-A619-F1859054F7BA.jpeg

54957025-52E4-4402-B3DF-8B451A67E0ED.jpeg

D74FF0A4-0E7C-4F57-BE8D-F344AFD375E8.jpeg

Holy smudge.. I love all of them.. AIC might just be the best band of all time

12 hours ago, littledoom said:

Holy smudge.. I love all of them.. AIC might just be the best band of all time

Soundgarden is the only band that I like more than AIC. 

18 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

That's the one! On my bottom part, it had a date written on it. The white bottom section is perforated and it eventually came apart.