• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daily Pulp

30 posts in this topic

Back in December I started an Instagram account to post a daily pulp from my collection.  If you'd like to follow, the IG account is @pulphound

I've thought about maybe mirroring the posts here, but I'm not sure I could keep up with both.  But if I fell behind I suppose I could always catch up with multiple posts.  Anyway, thinking about it. hm

3 hours ago, RedFury said:

Back in December I started an Instagram account to post a daily pulp from my collection.  If you'd like to follow, the IG account is @pulphound

I've thought about maybe mirroring the posts here, but I'm not sure I could keep up with both.  But if I fell behind I suppose I could always catch up with multiple posts.  Anyway, thinking about it. hm

I don't use Instagram.  I do think we could use a regular daily post of some sort here in the pulp forums.  So I say go for it over here as well!

On 1/29/2021 at 9:00 AM, RedFury said:

Post them here‼️ I never heard of intsigram , never want it or Facebook either

OK, so what I've been doing is grabbing a pulp from my collection every day and posting it on Instagram.  I'll try to mirror those posts here as well.

Instead of using a standard flat scan I've been taking photos of the pulps in a lighted photobox to give a more realistic and three-dimensional appearance.  I hope you enjoy them!

Edited by RedFury

On 1/31/2021 at 8:44 AM, RedFury said:

Magic Carpet
October 1933

Cover by Margaret Brundage

One of my favorite Brundage covers, this was on the newsstands at the same time as her classic Batwoman cover on Weird Tales.

anSHprIh.jpg

Did she also do the line art on the title illustration?  I really like that logo...

2 hours ago, RedFury said:

Nick Carter Magazine
April 1933 (#2)

Cover by Jerome Rozen

Some good covers on the early Nick Carters, and the first six or so have this nice triangular design.

M2RVmElh.jpg

The nick carter character, in various forms, really had a quite astounding shelf life give how little known he is today.

11 hours ago, OtherEric said:

The nick carter character, in various forms, really had a quite astounding shelf life give how little known he is today.

Yes, something like 4,000+ appearances going back to the 1880s.  Heritage recently sold his very first appearance in a detective dime novel from back then.