• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magic The Gathering TCG Cards - Show us yours!
3 3

162 posts in this topic

On 1/31/2021 at 3:12 PM, Mephisto said:

I don’t know if they allow other grading companies images on here...(shrug)

So I’ll just post a cropped image. Quad 9++. Always loved the image and name. Back when I collected in middle school it was rare to see much of anything prior to Revised in the hands of anyone local.

ADA85C55-69E9-4DEB-A3AD-D82617B19434.jpeg

One of my all time favorite cards.  Beautiful card!

I recently got back into buying MTG and was wondering why, in comparison to Pokémon and sports cards, modern cards don’t get slabbed as often in MTG? I’m not talking bulk stuff, but like lottery cards and expeditions or even older foils... Am I missing something? I mean 6-700$ for an extended art foil jeweled lotus, I’d feel much better knowing it’s a 10 than taking someone’s word for it...

20 hours ago, dikran1 said:

I recently got back into buying MTG and was wondering why, in comparison to Pokémon and sports cards, modern cards don’t get slabbed as often in MTG? I’m not talking bulk stuff, but like lottery cards and expeditions or even older foils... Am I missing something? I mean 6-700$ for an extended art foil jeweled lotus, I’d feel much better knowing it’s a 10 than taking someone’s word for it...

Possibly because people actually play MtG. lol

46 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Possibly because people actually play MtG. lol

You can play with the regular version, are people actually using showcase lottery cards in games? I haven’t played since Weatherlight so I’m legit curious about this...

2 minutes ago, dikran1 said:

You can play with the regular version, are people actually using showcase lottery cards in games? I haven’t played since Weatherlight so I’m legit curious about this...

Not sure, but I know that people use Expeditions, etc. I have an all-Judge Foil deck, for example.

Hmmm, what a weird collector environnement... I understand the love of the game and pimping out your deck but I find a healthy secondary or collector market is key to longevity. Comics are for reading but it doesn’t prevent millions of books from being slabbed. Read trades, slab floppies. Why is it so different in Magic? (shrug)

12 minutes ago, dikran1 said:

Hmmm, what a weird collector environnement... I understand the love of the game and pimping out your deck but I find a healthy secondary or collector market is key to longevity. Comics are for reading but it doesn’t prevent millions of books from being slabbed. Read trades, slab floppies. Why is it so different in Magic? (shrug)

Comic books and trading card games are completely different things. Magic cards are used for P2P interactions and competition. The only difference between a graded Mox Diamond and a double-sleeved Mox Diamond is that one of them is useless.