• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Underrated Artist Snapshot #2 - Paul Pelletier
2 2

39 posts in this topic

On 01/02/2021 at 3:18 PM, Andahaion said:

Loved his stuff back in Aquaman during the New 52.  Good stories.  Great with a pencil.  Glad he launched his website not too long ago.  Great value for the price.

Paul Pelletier Aquaman #24 Sketch Cover - Original Art.jpeg

Somehow I missed this website so thank you very much for mentioning it. It was long overdue, but seems well run and has friendly vibes. Needing to contact them to arrange shipping to Canada wasn't expected, but the response I got was well enough! And nice Aquaman piece!

With all of this discussion on Paul, I picked up a few more Batgirl pages from his site. Great deals at 100 a pop.

I used to hate the page of her falling into a dumpster but after rereading that issue I thought it was a quirky creative choice. I don't know if it worked per say, but I had to own it. The other page is a classic brawler page. I've always wanted to own one featuring Babs kicking butt.

Also had a brief opportunity to ask Paul a few questions about the pages, which was appreciated, although I doubt that would be a regular thing.

Batgirl-31-page-14-100.jpg

Batgirl-27-page-19-100.jpg

On 2/1/2021 at 3:47 PM, Mycroft said:

I wish I had bought Negation original art back in the day.

Paul sold most of those pages at Baltimore Comic Con a few years back and had them priced at 5 for $100. I believe that someone bought the entire portfolio for a fraction of that. The pages are out there and being sold by whoever picked them up.

8 minutes ago, Fred Chamberlain said:

Paul sold most of those pages at Baltimore Comic Con a few years back and had them priced at 5 for $100. I believe that someone bought the entire portfolio for a fraction of that. The pages are out there and being sold by whoever picked them up.

Thank you for the insight. This is a subject that certainly might deserve it's own thread.

1 hour ago, Fred Chamberlain said:

I remember that show well and tried to convince Paul that they shouldn't be in the discounted portfolio. Someone got a steal of a deal. 

7 minutes ago, Andahaion said:

While we're on this topic...anyone here have the Cover to Aquaman #18?  I wrote to him asking about it and he said he gave it to a friend of his a while ago...

1245926_xl.jpg

Whew. I think Paul owes at least a tip of the hat to Jim Lee here ;) 

Namor75: 365 Days With Namor the Sub-Mariner - Page 143 ...