• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Underrated Artist Snapshot #2 - Paul Pelletier
2 2

39 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, kpaqu1 said:

Ex-Mutants reboot from Malibu. Picked up at a small-ish show a couple years ago. Paul asked if I was surprised he still had pages of these. I was glad he did. (thumbsu

exmutants_3_pg18 copy.jpg

Wow, what a neat question to be asked by an artist.

It is also very evident how much Paul's style has evolved.

9 hours ago, RBerman said:

I picked up two pages from Batgirl and two from a JLA special, and he sent me not only the four pages but also signed copy of both comics!

Very fun art, and a generous artist. Those pages are nicely detailed. Do you know if Paul's pages are printed directly from the pencils, inked digitally, or inked on separate boards? 

Just now, Hal Turner said:

Very fun art, and a generous artist. Those pages are nicely detailed. Do you know if Paul's pages are printed directly from the pencils, inked digitally, or inked on separate boards? 

Norm Rapmund is credited as inker, so they weren't colored directly from the pencils. I don't know whether Norm's inking was digital or on separate boards on these particular projects.

6 hours ago, Hal Turner said:

This depends on who is inking. Recently, inks are over bluelines, though I love seeing inks directly applied. Miki's work over his Hulk stuff and Paul's original FF art are great examples of solid inking, directly over pencils.

On 2/25/2021 at 6:54 PM, RBerman said:

This thread piqued my interest in him, so I checked him out, and indeed his detail suits my interest. I picked up two pages from Batgirl and two from a JLA special, and he sent me not only the four pages but also signed copy of both comics!

73553004_Batgirl5.thumb.jpg.b41057251b86a81dfbeae5cb731040b2.jpg

I considered this page myself... Almost went back for it... One of my favorites. You have great taste!

Just noticed two nice, but somewhat busy, published covers were recently added to Paul's online shop. One has been inked. (I hate to sound like a shill but I check his site weekly for updates.) My sense is he has raised his overall pricing (slightly) this year... 

3 hours ago, BuraddoRun said:

I picked up a page from an unpublished Justice League story from him last year. He told me that it recently got colored, and DC might actually publish it sometime in the future. I'm definitely a fan of his work.

justice league unpublished story part 2 page 10.jpg

Really enjoy the top panel and would love to see the story come to fruition.

That said, the middle panel bugs me only because, as a Babs fan, I think Jessica Cruz's face here looks too similar to Barbara's in Paul's recent Batgirl run. Of course, seeing as this is an unused page it doesn't really matter.

It's a pretty nice page still, and to me it would actually be better from an artistic standpoint if it remains unused (due to the character resemble nice) but on the other hand if it is used it would be pretty neat to see an unpublished page you own suddenly get out out to the masses...

Edited by babsrocks31